The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

500 Series Mic Preamp with 48V Phantom Power, 20dB Pad, Optical De-esser, Variable Hipass Filter, and Front-panel High-impedance Instrument Input The Joemeek preQ 500 Series Mic Preamp does it all. Designed and crafted in the same spirit as Joemeek's acclaimed rack gear, the preQ 500 gives you everything you need in a mic pre. You get 60dB of clean gain, plus essential features like 48V phantom power, a 20dB pad, and phase reversal. But here's where it gets interesting - the preQ includes an optical de-esser, a variable hipass filter, and a front-panel high-impedance instrument input. Quite right. A high-quality US-made Cinemag transformer adds to the Joemeek preQ 500's unique sound. Some Key Features: • The vibrantly transparent sound of Joemeek's renowned mic preamps in a 500 Series module • Optical de-esser lets you control sibilance • Variable highpass filter lets you roll off rumble and other unwanted low frequencies • Instrument DI adds flexibility to your rig • US-made Cinemag transformer adds to the Joemeek preQ 500's unique sound

Discussions

Maag EQ4 vs. NTI EQ3

...needless to say, we were all great fans of it. All of my early recordings were made using the PreQ preamps (we had three quad boxes) and the EQ3D we had I used on anything imaginable because it simply sounded great on everything. I also used to come to your studio occasionally...

View Post

Mixer mod

...on this. Since my last post I've spent many weekends just recording and mixing. Meanwhile I bought a dual mono Behringer PreQ preamp (made in Germany) that has 2 of the same SSM2017 chips that are in my Soundtracs. I modded the other channel with the OEP A187A11C input transformer and Lundahl LL2801 on the...

View Post

A Behringer unit worth modifying?

...stuff like a racked PM 1000 channel, a modded Symetrix SX202, and a Bellari RP520, also upgraded. I like the PreQ better than the Symetrix, which uses an SSM 2015, and seems to be highly regarded pre and post mod. In short, the PreQ was nice before the mods, but really shines now. Just clean...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides