The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

MAC Dual Mono / Stereo opto compressor. Looking for a 2 channel compressor like a pair of LA3A but with the warmth of a LA2A without the the on going maintance costs. This comp can do it all and much more.

• Pure fat audio path with 2 x JLM99v descrete opamps and JLM111DC output transformer per channel.
  • Extra Ratios 3:1, 5:1, 10:1
  • Sidechain HPF switch FLAT, 100Hz, 200Hz
  • Fully buffered VU meter with switch between VU meter, Comp off (turns off meter lamp to show comp is in hard bypass), Gain Reduction meter.
  • Large Gain reduction control
  • Large Makeup Gain control
  • Link Switch for stereo operation

Discussions

Is the Shure SM7b good for Rap.And how is the quality of the microphone?

...james. I dont know if i'll need another mic again for years. They run througha JLM baby animal and a JLM mac compressor. sound=dope (im a hiphop artist too.) if you dont have soudn treatment the sm7b will also give good results over a condencer.

View Post

Is the Shure SM7b good for Rap.And how is the quality of the microphone?

theres a sample for you running through a jlm baby animal with with neve sound and a jlm mac compressor (which is also faily warm)

View Post

Similarities and differences between an La3a and JLM LA500

I had an LA3A & sold it when I got a JLM Mac. The LA3A was nice: pretty clean with that easy opto squeeze. Fool proof. But I have distressors which for me do that opto thing just as well. The Mac sounds very different; those JLM opamps sound huge and warm and the...

View Post