The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

The LA500 is JLM’s take on an LA2A/LA3A-type optical compressor for the API 500-series format. Instead of cloning the original design, Joe Malone and co. have reworked the original circuit to improve signal to noise ratio and add additional control features. These include new side-chain filtering options and compression ratios. The circuit features the “JLM Sound” throughout, with their JLM99v discreet opamp and JLM111DC output transformer. JLM currently offers complete kits with everything needed to complete the compressor.

Discussions

JLM audio LA500A vs CAPI FC526 vs Retro 500 vs Xpressor

...on my 500 lunchbox, I have a Neve 517, 2x ClassicAPI V28 and modified Lindell PEX500. I am interested at 2xJLM LA500A (opto) or 2xClassicAPI FC526 (Fet) or Elysia Xpressor (VCA) or mono Retro doublewide (variMu). I'd like your take on this? PLease I don't really want to discuss any other gears at this point. Baring in...

View Post

I don’t need no stinkin’ patchbay

...aligned inputs, those are available as auxiliary inputs, which I'm currently using to expose the inputs for a pair of la500a compressors. The final set of 8 vertical output/input pairs expose all remaining backside i/o for the incredible convenience of front-side patching. No more crawling behind a rack with a flashlight. This opens...

View Post

Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions

Thank you drBill. I've read a lot of your comments about the Splice. Really want to check one out. Thanks again.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?