The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

This is an overview of the features found in the JLCooper Synapse. -16 MIDI inputs -20 MIDI outputs -Large LED display -Programmable MIDI Routing, Splitting, Merging and Processing Each of the three Processors include -Data Filtering -Channel Filtering -Channel Bumping -Velocity Rescale -Four overlapping zones with programmable low note, high note, channel bump and transpose. A total of twelve zones available. -Any of three Processors can be merged, allowing up to three-input Merging -All routing and Processing assignments are stored in 64 memory locations backed by a Lithium Battery -Patch Map alloes up to 16 Program Change Commands to be sent on any combination of MIDI channels and MIDI output ports, 16 per each preset -Remote Operation via MIDI program change and system exclusive -Scope, a diagnostic tool that displays the last incoming MIDI status byte -Panic function that eliminates stuck notes -MIDI Time Code Display -Several Synapses can be linked together to create larger MIDI systems

Discussions

midi mergers and splteers with most features

If I recall, the KMX could only merge channels 1 & 2. What you need is the JL Cooper Synapse. 16 in, 20 out, up to 3 way merging, re-channeling, filtering, and pretty much everything else you'd need in a MIDI patchbay/processor/router.

View Post

Which MIDI patchbay?

JL Cooper Synapse. 16x20 plus all kinds of merging and filtering. I have a Sycologic 16x32. Simpler, no merging, but it has a nice remote head. I added a Digital MX8 for additional merging and processing (and more outs).

View Post

MIDI Patchbays (8x8 and above)

...remote control means it's super-easy to select another configuration and/or change a source/destination route. I used to have the JL Cooper Synapse, but I never needed filtering and I got paranoid once one of the custom (or at least out of existence) routing ICs inside went bad on one of my units. In addition to the...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?