The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The JCF Audio AD8 with PEP stands to revolutionize the art of recording. (Yes, we're serious.) This 8 channel analog to digital converter has absolutely no active electronics in the audio path. None. Zero. A carefully crafted Cinemag input transformer retains the floating input and high common-mode rejection figures essential for the modern recording environment. The AD8 is the first platform for new PEP technology. After carefully studying attributes of various recording media, Power Equalization Processing was created to counteract a fundamental sonic dilemma that is ubiquitous in the digital recording era. PEP accomplishes this with no measured steady-state distortion, noise or net change in frequency response whatsoever. The AD8 returns musicality to multichannel tracking and paves the way for the future of recorded music; just add some PEP.

Discussions

JCF &/or Burl anticipation thread

Clearly Rich's new Burl is a thing of Beauty and precision. It will be very interesting to check out Josh's JCF AD8, any time now. These guys both deserve serious props for the work and passion.

View Post

What is the best project studio AD/DA money can buy?

At this point I think many private project studios have better converters than pro studios. In 2016 when I think pro studios I think lots of channels of outdated Avid gear intended for budget rap artists looking for a good deal through Craigslist.

View Post

Cassette on location with AD comparison

it has been very interesting !! thank you ..

View Post