The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

JBL introduces its most powerful studio subwoofer for applications in which very high continuous output and extreme low frequency response is required. With in-room response below 18Hz and 137 dB peak output, the JBL SUB18 delivers unprecedented performance for demanding dance music production, while providing exceptional accuracy required in cinema post production applications. As an add-on to JBL’s M2 Master Reference Monitor system, the SUB18 allows three times greater output from the system. SPECIFICATIONS: In-room response (2π): Below 18 Hz Frequency Response -10 dB (4π measurement): 20.6 Hz Frequency Response, -6 dB (4π measurement): 23.1 Hz Maximum Peak Output (2π): 137 dB SPL System Input Power Rating AES/2 Hr: LF 2000 W continuous/8000 W peak Sensitivity: 92 dB @ 1m 2.83 V Recommended Amplifier Power: 3500 to 4000W into 8Ω LF Transducer: JBL model 2269H, 18-inch (457 mm); 100 mm (4-inch) dual voice coils dual neodymium magnets Differential Drive® Direct Cooled™ Rated Impedance: 8Ω Enclosure: 18 mm 11-ply Baltic Birch Plywood Finish: Black Lacquer Input Connectors: Two push terminals Recommended Wire: 12-Gauge Dimensions HxWxD: 27 x 30 x 24 in (685 x 762 x 620 mm) Weight: 100 lb ( 45 kg)

Discussions

JBL 708p + 705p + SUB

...6312 for the sub and it works great. But your room is slightly larger so I would consider JBL's new SUB18, if you can swing the budget. I've heard it with the 708s/5s and it sounds awesome, with tons of weight and headroom for days. But it is hard to comment on exactly what...

View Post

Seaton Sound and QSC

Have you considered the JBL SUB18? It is designed to work with the M2 but I don't see why it couldn't also work with the 708. SUB18 | JBL Professional Edit: Or maybe even the JBL S2S-EX: http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/s2s-ex.html There is also a S1S-EX with an 18" driver.

View Post

Brooklyn Audio.... My Story and US Distributor

...time a bit out of budget So therefore Sander convinced me of his Prospect Series and I bought 4x Prospect sub18, 2x Prospect Top. I had a very modular setup now , able to do a gig with just 2x Prospect Top for <100 people. The Prospect set 2x sub18, 1xtop a side is capable...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?