The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

Every generation of engineers and producers has iconic pieces of studio equipment; they act like markers along the path of recording history. Many top engineers will talk about reverbs in the same way, they will speak of the first time they heard some of the classic hardware reverb units which have created a dynasty over the past few decades. Some of these units have Michael Carnes' fingerprints on them, and his new creation R4 is the next reverb in this royal lineage. R4 offers all the class of historic hardware reverb units but with many new features only possible with modern plug-in development technology. R4 is pure class and for this reason, is destined to become a classic. No CPU hog: R4 is a native plug-in, requiring no special hardware and offering even more flexibility while continuing to work with its now-famous minimal load on your computer. Easy to use: We know that workflow matters to our users. While R4 is brand new, existing users will find it reassuringly familiar, and new users will find their way around in a matter of minutes.

Discussions

Looking for Plate alternatives to UAD, AR, and Valhalla.

...a better impression of a plate! Okay, so i don't actually have a dog. But i'd go get myself an Exponential R4 and tweak your preset to taste, save and done is done. Sorry for the UAD slam, but a 10 year old plugin shouldn't be anywhere near a DAW ..

View Post

Looking for Plate alternatives to UAD, AR, and Valhalla.

Tell that to all the mixing engineers who use 10 year old plugins and create fantastic sounding mixes! Maybe the people who think that old plugins are by default bad shouldn't be anywhere near a DAW. ;)

View Post

Is anyone still using hardware reverb units?

I finally used the Exponential R4 on vocals and I was super impressed. I want to buy a cheap-ish hardware reverb for tracking sometime, I wonder if some of the '80s and '90s Yamaha boxes could be in an affordable price range? Not sure how those would compare to a TC M...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?