The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The iSK Pearl is a microphone every studio should have a few of due to it's exceptional versatility and value. It utilizes a 25mm pure gold large diaphragm capsule keeping a cardioid pickup pattern. It's low self noise and wide dynamic range make it capable of capturing very quiet sources such as the ticking of a watch, or with the built in -10 db pad engaged it can also handle high spl, such as close up tom and snare miking. It also has a low frequency roll off switch, which helps reduce proximity effect when recording vocals, and removes the unwanted low frequencies when used as drum overheads. The Pearl also has a high sensitivity output, which means it requires less preamp gain compared to most microphones, which also helps the end user keep the signal clean. The iSK Pearl is a very versatile studio workhorse with impressive sound quality. 

Discussions

iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?

...Gem. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1032461-isk-little-gem.html There's also a shootout I did of the 2B Beauty in the review section against a U87 and the iSK Pearl, singing Sorry Baby into each over the same BG track. The $30 Pearl performed admirably against the 2B and the U87. Freakishly well. Dare I say, It's got just a touch of...

View Post

Nominations for the absolute best mic under $100 new

...nice uniform sounding mic. It gets my vote for best budget mic under $100. I've also been evaluating a pair of ISK Pearl microphones which at $30 each are pretty extraordinary for instrument mic'ing duties (not something I'd use for vocals at all). The Pearl mic looks like a traditional small diaphragm pencil mic but...

View Post

iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?

...ol' Cubase. As well, I'm going to putting RK-47 capsules into them pretty soon. I also use my iSK Pearl on snare drum all the time.

View Post