The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The iSK Little Gem is a small diaphragm pencil condenser microphone with 3 interchangeable capsules, and a sound that is simply clean and gorgeous. It has a wide dynamic range, enabling it to be used on both quiet sources such as muted violin, or very loud sources such as drum overheads, or anything in between. It's flat frequency response enables it to accurately pick up all the tone and nuances of an upright bass, as well as the high frequency detail of drum overheads. Plus to add even more versatility, you can use the 3 interchangeable capsules which give you Cardioid, Omni-directional, and Super directional polar pickup patterns to suit the environment and tailor the sound for your specific needs. Comes shipped with the microphone body, 3 capsules, leatherette pouch, mic clip and wind foam. 

Discussions

Post your rough demos

...two 441's and an RE20 in the kick. Guitars captured with a variety of AKG451's, a Rode NT5 and an iSK Little Gem. Bass is a an old German doghouse 5 string captured with an old EV PL9. The NT5 on my vocals, a Sony C48 on the girl. All comments/criticisms solicited and welcome. We sure laughed...

View Post

SDC's without the high freq bump

...shotgun shell mics, 12 Gauge I think is the brand. And if you want to save a bunch check out the ISK Little Gem, it's a darn decent mic for $50. 3 capsules, no harsh high end bumps. EDIT: forgot to mention, you could grab some Oktava MK 012, get the Bill Sitler mods done,...

View Post

SDC's without the high freq bump

Hey monkeyxx, I just bit the bullet and grabbed a pair of KM84's, ive always wanted a pair. I am going to to try my unconventional way, then i am going to put them up high in the traditional OH position and listen. The only reason i didn't like the sound of the OH's up high, is i...

View Post