The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Gadget
Old 26th March 2017
Lives for gear
The app itself is pretty great. Though it would be nice to have key commands for the transport...
But, whole plugin suite available in all formats! Bloody brilliant...
Being able to export to Live format from the app is working great too!! Love it
Old 27th March 2017
Gear Nut

Will wait for the end of the year sale, thanks. I love the idea of being able to finalize my gadget projects in a proper DAW without committing to audio, but that price is too much for me.
Old 27th March 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatfreq View Post
I agree even $199 is kinda steep for an app that is 30 bucks on iOS...
More than 30 bucks.
The gadget app for mac contains all modules, including "in-app-puchaseable". ARP iOdyssey, iWavestation, iM1 ...

*1 All of the expansion sounds that can be purchased within the KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, and ARP ODYSSEi apps are also included as standard with the exception of the Ivory Mobile Grand expansion sound library for KORG Module.
*2 Milpitas, which brings you the KORG iWAVESTATION as a gadget, will be available in the next version.
Old 2nd April 2017
Here for the gear

I decided to buy it for the Mac, and while I haven't spent too much time with it, so far zero complaints (although I wish they'd clean up their fonts a bit, doesn't look great on a 1080p monitor, haven't tried the retina display yet). If anyone out there is wondering like I did, as it turns out the Rosario and Zurich gadgets actually act as effects when running as plugins, so they can be used for anything. Fantastic
Old 2nd April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratimus View Post
I decided to buy it for the Mac, and while I haven't spent too much time with it, so far zero complaints (although I wish they'd clean up their fonts a bit, doesn't look great on a 1080p monitor, haven't tried the retina display yet). If anyone out there is wondering like I did, as it turns out the Rosario and Zurich gadgets actually act as effects when running as plugins, so they can be used for anything. Fantastic
I only own it for iPad. I hope they update rosario so it works as an insert effect on other gadgets. Right now you have to audiocopy another gadget, then import into Rosario. I've taken this a few steps/generations to make washes of noise...
Old 2nd April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratimus View Post
the Rosario and Zurich gadgets actually act as effects when running as plugins, so they can be used for anything.
Nice.
Old 2nd April 2017
Here for the gear

The only legitimate issue I've had so far is that of the few times I've played around with Recife as a plugin in Ableton, at some point each time it's stopped receiving any midi notes (or any data from Ableton period?), reloading the plugin fixes it though. All the other gadgets have worked great so far
Old 6th April 2017
Here for the gear

"And hopefully they will support the touch bar for turning knobs etc. "

wow i am thinking to swap my model D for this touchbar
Old 13th April 2017
Here for the gear

If you happen to be an Ableton user, the availability of the Mac OS gadgets as AU or VST's make Gadget for iOS significantly more flexible since you can now export full Ableton projects with midi and gadget plugins ready-to-go.

It makes Gadget for iOS a much more flexible sketchpad for Ableton.
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

No you can't, the Ableton project does not load the audio files in samplers and such, so exporting full Ableton projects is a bit of a push, close, but no cigar.
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
No you can't, the Ableton project does not load the audio files in samplers and such, so exporting full Ableton projects is a bit of a push, close, but no cigar.
Works for me. Projects transfer shockingly well.
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuehler View Post
Works for me. Projects transfer shockingly well.
Thats strange because Korg support have even said a fix will be forthcoming for the issue ?
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thats strange because Korg support have even said a fix will be forthcoming for the issue ?
Are speaking of personal samples you loaded dissapearing or the samples that come with the software?
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuehler View Post
Are speaking of personal samples you loaded dissapearing or the samples that come with the software?
Samples/audio you loaded/recorded, obviously samples that are built in are available.
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Samples/audio you loaded/recorded, obviously samples that are built in are available.
Ok my bad. I just use the built in sounds to produce, and midi tracks later and replace the sounds if needed in my studio. No personal sanples on ipad.
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Addict

Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone know if Gadget is coming to Windows?
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Are the VST plugins 32 bit? 64 bit? VST2? VST3? Couldn't find that info on their website.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioroid View Post
Are the VST plugins 32 bit? 64 bit? VST2? VST3? Couldn't find that info on their website.
64 bit according to their specs on the website. I don't think most (any?) modern DAWs support 32 bit plugins without a wrapper anymore?

Doesn't say what version of VST.
Attached Thumbnails
Korg Gadget-img_3889.jpg  
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexo View Post
Anyone know if Gadget is coming to Windows?
Only Korg knows, but my guess if so it'll be awhile. iOS to MacOS is a comparatively simple port job since Gadget was made using Apple's dev tools.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Only Korg knows, but my guess if so it'll be awhile. iOS to MacOS is a comparatively simple port job since Gadget was made using Apple's dev tools.
Hmm, hope they go for it. Or this might be another reason for me to switch to Mac
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search