The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live streaming on iPaid Air 2 vs. 2020 iPad Pro
Old 30th July 2020
Lives for gear

Live streaming on iPaid Air 2 vs. 2020 iPad Pro

hello, everyone!

I've been trying to trouble shoot my streaming situation. I have been using an iPad Air 2. I'm running the latest ASUS router w/ WIFI 6, latest DOCSiS modem, and an up-to-date mac mini. My internet plan is 150 d/l, and 10 u/l, and I routinely get 20 ms. pings. I'm located about 75 feet from the WiFi router, but it there are open pathways for the signal to travel (not all walls).

With this pretty high-powered set up, I'm still getting short glitches when broadcasting a stream from my iPad.

I already have decided to move my router much closer to where I'll be streaming from (bought some very long ethernet cables), but would there be an appreciable difference if I upgraded to an iPad Pro 2020 model?

I also trouble shot this by trying the same setup with my iPhone XR and apparently from the same spot the streaming was a less glitchy.

I'm trying to narrow this down: is it a network issue, a hardware issue, both?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I could avoid dropping $1200 on a new iPad setup I'd like to avoid that. I notice the 2020 Pros use the WiFi 6 standard... could that be the difference I need? (My router is WiFi 6)

Thank you for your help!!!
📝 Reply