The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Voice to MIDI app + voice memo replacement
Old 26th June 2020
Here for the gear

Voice to MIDI app + voice memo replacement

Hey everyone,

(long time lurker here)

I wanted to introduced you to an app I'm working on bringing to market called Chops: https://www.getchops.app/

It's an app that translates voice to MIDI on your phone, and lets you make beats really quickly on the fly. It contains sample packs and is soon to support file import, and the longer-term vision involves making an *actually* user-friendly way to make music on a phone.

I have a music and audio engineering background - I played drums in a touring band and I've worked/interned at a couple of studios here in LA. I've noticed that everyone's using voice memos and wondered if there would ever be a better solution, and when I met the developers of this app I was immediately excited.

I wanted to solicit the helpful constructive criticism of Gearslutz. What do you like about it? What features would you want in a mobile DAW? I feel like no one's really cracked the code yet - or at least there's nothing that I personally love that's really easy to use on mobile - so I'd be interested to hear what people would want in a beatmaking app.

Thanks!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear