The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iPad and chord playing apps - HELP!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

iPad and chord playing apps - HELP!

Hi all,

I wanted to get a non musician to play some 'one finger' piano chords from an iPad in a live enviroment - so I bought a used iPad Air v1 and have installed:

• Chordion (£5)
• Dream Foot (£15)
• NaviChord (Free version no Midi)
• Sound Prism (Free Version no Midi)

There are pros and cons to all of them but the two that I'd like to get someone to operate are Chordion and/ or Dream Foot - however neither of these two have a piano sound or an EP sound (Navichord & Sound Prism have EP sound)

How can I get either of these two apps (Chordion/Dream Foot) to play an EP sound? I don't have garage band as it's a used iPad and apple won't let me download an earlier version. I'm looking for an internal ipad solution, NOT using the iPad to trigger a Macbook etc.
I don't want to use external hardware sounds. Ideally I want one audio cable coming out of the ipad, DI'd to a PA.

Is there a sound module (that has Piano/EP) that I can install on an iPad that can be triggered (internally) via either Chordion or Dream Foot? I've installed Sampletank CS for the iPad but even though there is a choice of 'SampleTank CS' in the Chordion Midi settings - alas nothing is triggered in Sampletank....

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

(Ps I'm new to iPad coming from G3, G4, G5, Macbook Pro - and so far I hate everything about the iPad as it seems it's been made to have as little user control as possible....)

Last edited by Jazzy; 4 weeks ago at 05:12 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search