The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iPhone XR plus Tascam US1800?
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Addict

iPhone XR plus Tascam US1800?

Hiya.

As per the title, would a camera connection cable allow me to get 2 channels of audio from my Tascam to my iPhone?

Thanks for reading,
Micoholic.
Old 10th September 2019
Here for the gear

Apparently not via USB. Check out this from the Tascam eu site. 1800 is not listed. https://www.tascam.eu/en/compatibility.html#iOS11

Get a XLR to USB adapter and go out your interface XLR into Apple’s USB to lightning connection kit.
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Addict

Smile

I never knew such a thing as an XLR to USB cable existed - that seems too easy!

Thanks for the tip
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Addict

Please excuse my ignorance, but will an XLR to USB cable going directly in to an iPhone camera connection adaptor work?

Mostly I just want to record bass videos, and the current faff of recording audio separately then trying to sync it up with video is time consuming.

If I can go straight from my bass amp (line level) in to the phone that would be ace.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

It should work. But why not just bounce the audio from your DAW and upload to your phone?
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYL Sun View Post
It should work. But why not just bounce the audio from your DAW and upload to your phone?
Manually sync’ing is a pain in the bum!
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Are you contemplating buying the camera kit, or the 1800?

I've been using the camera kit/iPad pro with my Tascam iXR for a bit now and impressed at how it just works. I'll try the 1800 later in the day maybe, but it's in another room in a semi-inaccessible area, and that's all I'll say about that... You should get the camera kit in any case because it's just about the only way to use USB devices while charging your iPhone/iPad.

I'm also considering getting this:

USB 3 Camera Adapter,3 in 1 USB Female OTG Device Adapter with Charging and 3.5mm Headphone Aux Jack

... because it's half the price of the Apple kit and if it works as advertised (and according to some of the comments, why not?) it'll be a great addition.

Have you considered the Korg PlugKey?
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Addict

I have a Tascam US1800, and will buy the camera connection kit soon, just wandered if the two will play nice.

The Korg PlugKey appears to me midi only. I want to play bass guitar in to it. Also would be useful to pop a mic in too.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micoholic View Post
The Korg PlugKey appears to me midi only. I want to play bass guitar in to it. Also would be useful to pop a mic in too.
Ah -- MIDI IN and audio/phones out only. I knew there was a reason I bought that iXR...
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have a Tascam US1800, and will buy the camera connection kit soon, just wandered if the two will play nice.
Neither the US-1800 nor the US-2000 work with my iPad via the camera connection kit. The iXR works like a champ though, so it looks like you might need a compatible interface.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Manually sync’ing is a pain in the bum!
Lol yeah it is.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Way off topic, but sure wish I could figure out a way to charge my iPad Pro while it’s connected to my Startech 7 port USB -C powered hub. Just got the Soundcraft 12 MTK and it works perfectly with Cubasis but can’t charge at same time. Bought the Apple AV USB-C three in one adapter but that doesn’t even charge it.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...tiport-adapter

Not even midi is getting through it from the hub. Maybe I got a bum unit. Gonna call Apple when I get the time.

Small comfort that the battery lasts pretty much all day. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

The US-1800 isn't class compliant, so it doesn't work under iOS. The mentioned XLR USB cable is just a small low quality 1 channel audio interface with an A/D converter. I would rather buy a small class compliant audio-interface like the Zoom U24 or U44 or one of the Focusrites or the Tascam US 2x2.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search