The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Touch Portal version (a Metagrid-like app) out and it is insanely good!
Old 4th September 2019
New Touch Portal version (a Metagrid-like app) out and it is insanely good!

Hi, people,

as a new fan of Metagrid (http://www.metasystem.io), which improved my workflow in an unprecedented way, I kept my eye also on Touch Portal (https://www.touch-portal.com), a similar, yet Android based app.

The previous version of Touch Portal didn't really work well with Cubase/Nuendo (virtual key presses were so short that Steinberg soft didn't recognize them at all), so I went for Metagrid all the way, but the new version, well, it really rocks!

First of all - macros that you create are insanely fast, which is some kind of a problem when working with Metagrid. More settings, more customisable elements, large, up to 11x10 grids with unlimited pages.

It's not as good looking as Metagrid, it's more time consuming when setting things up, especially the look of buttons, but it's great.

If you're a fan of Metagrid or just interested in getting a good and cheap studio controller - go and check it. It ran on a cheap $100 tablet in my studio without any hassle. Actually, you can run it on your phone (not a Metagrid case).

(For those not familiar with both Metagrid and Touch Portal: imagine all your necessary keyboard shortcuts or app-specific commands at hand, as single buttons, like 20, 50 or 100 of them, imagine one-button macros. Both apps are amazing time savers and creative boosters.)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search