The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IOS/USB/DIN MIDI Toolkit
Old 21st August 2019
Gear Addict
IOS/USB/DIN MIDI Toolkit

I need a couple MIDI interfaces/adapters – hoping to try and get all my use cases in one box but I’m not liking my chances. Firstly – I want a lightning midi in/out for ipad/iphone, 1 in/1 out is fine. I’ve had a look at iConnectivity and iRig but it seems neither of them have a second lightning port (I also have a Roland Go which I’d like to use for recording/audio out if needed).
I had a look at Lightning splitter cables and I’m a bit cautious of their quality as they seem to be used for listening to audio while charging, instead of running two devices.
The other thing I need is to be able to get USB standard type B,(Native Instruments M32) to both my iPad and to a MIDI 5-PIN DIN to trigger standalone synths, but this doesn’t have to be at the same time.

Do you think I can get all of the above done in one solution?
Old 1st September 2019
Here for the gear

Perhaps you missed something looking at iConnectivity or could be price is a factor, but I use "iConnectMIDI4+" and it has 3 lightning/USB ports, one USB hub and 4 MIDI DIN ports and an ethernet port if you do MIDI over LAN. It's a little pricey but if an all-in-one is what the doctor ordered, there doesn't seem to be anything else like it on the market that I've seen. I've also daisy chained it with their iConnectAudio4+ or just used their "iConnectAudio4+" alone when I need digital audio from my iOS devices. "iConnectAudio4+" has 2 lightning/USB ports, one USB hub port and one MIDI DIN port. It's also pricey as well though. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
MarkusB
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I might suggest using the Apple lightning to usb3 adaptor, CCK with a powered USB hub. They would open up your choises a lot. And you will be able to charge the iPad at the same time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search