The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Typing "in" chords..?
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear

Typing "in" chords..?

I'm a huge fan of electronic music but would like to work with and add more advanced chords and progressions than is usually seen in the genre. At the same time my piano skills are pretty bad. Therefor....

I'm looking for a way to literally type chord progressions into arrangements in Ableton (or Logic) the same way as it is done in "Band-in-a-Box", "Chordbot" and perhaps even more programs. Has anyone heard about a solution to this challenge?

Technically it should be easy to create what I'm looking for. I once saw a guy on Youtube who could type chords into Band-in-a-Box and then made his Tyros (styles) follow the progression. Could this be done with a DAW instead of a Tyros? And is it perhaps allready done?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves electronic music, but at the same time are missing harmonic development in the genre. What do you guys do?

Sincerely

mads A
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm a huge fan of electronic music but would like to work with and add more advanced chords and progressions than is usually seen in the genre. At the same time my piano skills are pretty bad. Therefor....

I'm looking for a way to literally type chord progressions into arrangements in Ableton (or Logic) the same way as it is done in "Band-in-a-Box", "Chordbot" and perhaps even more programs. Has anyone heard about a solution to this challenge?

Technically it should be easy to create what I'm looking for. I once saw a guy on Youtube who could type chords into Band-in-a-Box and then made his Tyros (styles) follow the progression. Could this be done with a DAW instead of a Tyros? And is it perhaps allready done?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves electronic music, but at the same time are missing harmonic development in the genre. What do you guys do?

Sincerely

mads A
You are in the wrong part of the forum here as this is the place for iOS stuff.

But what you are looking for might be a chorder plugin. "Scaler" is very good when it comes to chord progressions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search