The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iPad Pro thinks iRig Duo is headphones?
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

iPad Pro thinks iRig Duo is headphones?

So confused and frustrated.

I want to make sample based beats and play them live on a keyboard. I bought a Korg Microsampler. Too many limitations.

So I bought Beatmaker 3. I figured I could just sample from my iTunes library. DRM says no.

Fine, I’ll just connect my iPhone X to the USB C port on the iPad and record that way. Nope.

Fine I’ll call a music shop for advice. What’s that you say? The iRig Pro Duo is what I need? Ok.

Bought one on eBay. Using the stereo breakout cable I bought for the Korg, I connected my lightning dongle to the phone, and plugged the L/R jacks in to the 1+2 inputs on the iRig.

Plugged the iRig mini DIN to USB-A cable into the new Satechi iPad hub.

Fire up BM3. Play a track on my iPhone, expecting to hear it coming out of the iPad speakers. Nothing. Same with Korg Gadget and Garage Band.

Open the AmpliTube app, checked off use multiple inputs. Nothing.

AmpliTube meter is moving, so sound is coming in but I can’t hear it.

I plug some headphones into the Satechi hub. Nothing.

I plug the headphones into the iRig Duo, and there is sound, but it’s mono. And the bass is crossed out.

I check the volume on the iPad. The iPad thinks whatever is plugged into USB C is headphones. I don’t know if that’s because of the iRig or because of the Satechi hub.

I read somewhere that Beatmaker 3 will allow me to use two mono inputs as stereo. But I don’t see where in the app to do this. And I can’t hear anything anyway.

What am I doing wrong here? How can this be so difficult? Did I buy the wrong gear? Should I buy the mini DIN to USB C cable IK now sells? Will that stop the iPad from thinking I have headphones plugged in?

Kinda wanna chuck the whole kit over the balcony ATM.

Any help much appreciated.
Old 10th August 2019
Here for the gear

So many views. So few replies.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search