The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
how many apps in background is safe?
Old 4 weeks ago
how many apps in background is safe?

So I've tried Camelot Pro, AUM Mixer, Sampletank (iOS) and I am not getting the results I am after.

I was thinking of maybe running these all at the same time: NeoSoul Keys; iFretlessbass; Ravenscroft Piano; Sampletank each on a different midi channel and then running something like MiMIX to balance them all out.

I'd select sounds from each via MIDI on a song by song basis.

Question is on an iPad Pro 12" would all these apps running in the background maxx out either the RAM or OS?
Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax_eterna View Post
So I've tried Camelot Pro, AUM Mixer, Sampletank (iOS) and I am not getting the results I am after.

I was thinking of maybe running these all at the same time: NeoSoul Keys; iFretlessbass; Ravenscroft Piano; Sampletank each on a different midi channel and then running something like MiMIX to balance them all out.

I'd select sounds from each via MIDI on a song by song basis.

Question is on an iPad Pro 12" would all these apps running in the background maxx out either the RAM or OS?
Thanks
What's not working out with AUM?
Old 4 weeks ago
The midi interface (iRigMidi2) randomly freezes with AUM - needs a iPad re-boot to sort out. It randomly "loses" a plugin even though said plugin is part of an existing session file. There are no midi bank options. Trying to use an external media player (as there are no AUv3 media players that will just play MP3's without a whole lot of other bells and whistles) is really awkward and also causes glitches.
Latency (and this is a new one) randomly increases on an app - weirdly though, not on all the apps in the session?

I've really been trying to get the iPad to be an "in the box" solution as I got really tired of all the USB cables and power cables etc etc that are required to run a laptop PC live! I thought I had it sorted with the purchase of both AUM and also Camelot Pro but still too flaky to trust out live! And Sampletank sounds suck, well the basses (in a mix) are passable but the pianos are pretty average.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ah yes that is one issue with AUM I found as well. With some hardware MIDI it causes dropouts &/or the need to use MIDI panic when not in the AUM mixer view.

I told the Dev about this but he seems to have no interest in fixing that. So that is a genuine problem!

You should be fine running apps in the background if it works for you. An AUV3 media player would be a godsend for the platform, Enso being the closest thing to this purely by accident. I am a fan of AUM's file player, which you should look into if you haven't used it as a channel input yet.

But yeah, he needs to fix that MIDI issue, I totally forgot about it sorry!
Old 4 weeks ago
Hey MW, no apology necessary

I might have a look at the file player again? I couldn't find a way to link anything other than a recording done in AUM...but you say using it as a channel - can I route something to it? And I'm only asking for future reference. I'll not be using (or recommending it) again until the MIDI stuff is sorted.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search