The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
App for Midi songwriting to be exported to Reaper
Old 11th July 2019
Here for the gear

App for Midi songwriting to be exported to Reaper

Hey guys, I've done a fair bit of research but am looking to nail down some opinions before making a purchase. I don't know all the correct terminology so bear with me. Here's what I need:

I want to be able to draw midi notes on a timeline and actually hear the notes as I'm writing them. I downloaded Xequence 2 and was dismayed to find that you have to route sound from an outside source? I don't want that. I want to be able to hear the notes as I write.

I must be able to export the midi files as separate tracks to Reaper!

A huge assortment of instruments is not required. I'm basically using this as a starting point for chiptunes. My plan is to begin writing the songs/framework while on my commute and then exporting the midi to reaper tracks for deeper work

The apps I have in mind:

Korg Gadget: This looks cool but it's pattern based, yeah? I don't know how this would work in terms of exporting to reaper. I tried the LE version and it seems very snappy and intuitive.

Cubasis 2. This seems to fulfill most of my needs. I see that you can mixdown to Midi files. Does this mean that each track will export separately to it's own track?

Is there any other app I should be thinking about? Thanks for you help!!
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
I want to be able to draw midi notes on a timeline and actually hear the notes as I'm writing them. I downloaded Xequence 2 and was dismayed to find that you have to route sound from an outside source? I don't want that. I want to be able to hear the notes as I write.
You need to route the MIDI to an app to make sound. As far as MIDI goes Xequence 2 is probably the best on iOS.

You can use Cubasis but that is only 48 ppq resolution.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search