The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
new ipad air 10.5 or 2017 ipad pro 12
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
new ipad air 10.5 or 2017 ipad pro 12

i just sold my gen 3 12.9 pro. I hated not having a home button and headphone jack and just issues. now I'm debating used 2nd gen ipad pro 12.9 or the new 10,5 ipad air. seems like the air would be much easier to handle and it has the a12 chip. and pen support. this is soley for music use garage band and irealbook and occasional videos.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

If you need the screen size go for the 12.9, if you wanted the faster CPU go 10.5. I would go 10.5 also for the portability.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
yeah I'm thinking the air 10.5 the 12.9 were almost to big for casual entertainment use
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

you'd want to check over on the audiobus forums, but i seem to recall that some ipad pro devices were worse for making music than regular ipads. sorry i can't be of more help! hopefully it's been resolved, and that the ipados will solve it if not.
Old 3 weeks ago
gdh
Gear Maniac

I’ve been using the iPad Air 3 with GB, Viking & Synth One for a few months now with no issues. I am waiting until IOS 13 is released before I buy any apps as on Audiobus there have been some concerns how certain apps will work with the new IOS update. I’m also hoping that SWAM comes out with IOS apps soon.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I used to have the 12.9 as well but sold it after 6 month after noticing a yellow tint developing around the edges. Having switched to the 10.5 since then I don't miss the larger screen at all and appreciate the size when on the go. Battery life is also great on the 10.5
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
my 10.5 air will be here today. really pumped ready to get back to the creative workflow of a regular ipad that works with my scarlett 616. after my gen 3 12.9 pro debacle. I think I will like the air for general use as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search