The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iPadOS
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hopefully stability is improved. I imagine some larger companies will start developing for iPad now.
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear
Running a new maxed out $1800 iPad I’m sure a new one will be released in the fall with the new os. And I will have a year of uselessness with this thing and lose $800 just so they could have a powerful format to beta test the new iOS. I couldn’t be more disgusted.

With Donggle my new name for apple because all they want to do is sell 1cent adapters for $75. has not really impressed me with anything in a while. Well the iPad Pro. But but that’s just a big iPad that was created a decade ago this gen 3 pos is about to go up for sell and I’m going back to a gen 2 pro I like my ****ing headphones I like a home button because they have not really worked the gesture deal out if using a screen protector. 20 year apple user. really have they done **** since jobs died except just further his developments.

I mean OS X has been out 15 ****ing years touch screen MacBooks is what we all want not some. We are in another skully era. It’s a cash grab. They know they have nothing left in the tank. I think the ceo Tim Cook is worthless hack. That hideous big black butt plug of a Mac pro was only made for him to sit on.and some headphones that look like qtips hanging out my fvuckin ears. Also what is so wrong with standard usb connections. Why can we have not have a couple of those fvuckers. Quit pimping your proprietary ****. The world does not want it
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

iPad OS Impressions: They Listened!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2iorLuSjOg&t=0s

Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Hopefully stability is improved. I imagine some larger companies will start developing for iPad now.
Well I'm hoping that my existing iPad apps won't be broken and maybe just maybe OSX apps might work on the iPad? I doubt that last one but one can hope.

I do love the opening up of the file system. This was a bit crippling and many predicted what might be the death knell to the platform sooner than later. Also they're adding SMB support for Windows networking.
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
Well I'm hoping that my existing iPad apps won't be broken and maybe just maybe OSX apps might work on the iPad? I doubt that last one but one can hope.

I do love the opening up of the file system. This was a bit crippling and many predicted what might be the death knell to the platform sooner than later. Also they're adding SMB support for Windows networking.
It seems a big enough change to the OS that I'm going to keep one iPad stuck in the past. I don't really want to lose some of the older apps that I still use regularly.

But maybe going forward everything will continue to work fine and there will be no need for that. I'd say IAA will still be supported, just no new apps that aren't AUv3. I'm looking forward to using a mouse.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search