The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Any better pianos than iGrand and Korg Module?
Old 4th June 2019
Any better pianos than iGrand and Korg Module?

The mentioned two just seem a bit "mid-rangy" and a tad muddy so I was wondering if there have been any improvements on these two models over the past couple of years?

It's been awhile for me (been using hardware) but looking to get back to a minimalist iPad setup and these pianos (I already own btw) just don't seem as good as they were a few years back.

Anyhoo, love to hear recommendations for alternatives. Thanks.
Old 4th June 2019
Lives for gear

No recommendations, I just bought the Korg Module a year ago and the Pianos leave a lot to be desired, to put it mildly... No comparison to the Arturia ones I have on my Mac. Would love a serious iPad setup, too.
Old 5th June 2019
wow 150 have looked and not one recommendation - these two MUST be the best available I guess.
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

Ravenscroft is generally the best regarded (I don't have it though)
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

This looks and sounds interesting..................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bAMugbjyY
Old 6th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego View Post
Ravenscroft is generally the best regarded (I don't have it though)
Thanks - didn't realise it was on iOS - expensive but the utube's sound nice!
Old 6th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
This looks and sounds interesting..................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bAMugbjyY
Nice share - but it's for desktops not iOS.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

You may want to look into Ravenscroft 275. I love the sound of this piano but piano sounds can be subjective so you'll have to decide if it's sound meets your needs. The stock piano sounds in Korg Module I find are decent but a little flat (sympathetic string implementation is weak to me). The Ivory piano sounds in Korg Module are better to my ears (sympathetic string implementation is better) but requires Inapp purchase. I've found listening to piano sounds (iOS or VST) in the studio is one thing, in a live venue it's another. Also different sounds are needed for different styles of music. I prefer the Vienna Imperial Grand Bosendorfer vst on the Mac. For me, nothing comes close to the sound of a Bosendorfer especially this one (I own almost all of the Bosendorfer vsts and the Vienna Imperial beats them all). But I've taken that vst out live and it doesn't translate on stage especially when I'm playing with electric guitars and basses (it's perfect for an acoustic jazz setting though). I have the Ravenscroft 275 on my Mac and on my iPad/iPhone. It cuts through well in a Rock/R&B setting but I still have crackling sounds from time to time despite playing on an iPad Pro (never when using the vst version on my laptop though). So I currently use the Ivory pianos in Korg Module when using iOS live until something better comes along. Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Old 3 weeks ago
thanks Markus B.... good insights there!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search