The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dumb Lemur question - sending single CC value with a button
Old 3rd June 2019
Here for the gear
Dumb Lemur question - sending single CC value with a button

Hi brain trust-

I’m trying to do something which I would think is is very simple - I want to create custom buttons that send a single value of a CC - and that’s it. No sending a zero value when I lift up my finger. Can someone thumbnail this for me? I would have thought one would not need a script to do this. Telling the button to act like a pad at first seemed right but of course pads send note on-note off so I suppose the CC behavior is analogous. I’m away from the iPad at the moment but the closest I have come is in doing a variation on a factory multiple-pad setup in which there are variables for the cc and the value. It will send the right value but as soon as I lift my finger it sends a CC value of zero. This means that the task I’m trying to accomplish (use CC values to switch articulations in Kontakt using Orange Tree’s Mind Control) will only work as long as I hold the button down. What am I missing here?

Thanks, bright people.
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear
And with a further bit of messing around, I've kind of gotten there. Not perfect but not bad. Using an array of switches with a data vector corresponding to the values I want on each switch. It will do for now - have to get back to work...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search