The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Usb-c interfaces for new ipad pro. Bus powered etc
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear
Usb-c interfaces for new ipad pro. Bus powered etc

Anyone making anything that can connect directly with bus power. What about the apogee one don’t that take batteries and apogee is making a new cable. Anything else. I just want to be able to plug in and go. No powered hubs or dongles i got all that stuff if needed just wondering whats out there.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

The Focusrite Clarett USB range will work with just a USB C cable but they need mains power.

Everything else (that I know of) needs that stupid USB-C to USB adapter.
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

The Apple USB-C multi av adapter works great for the most part ... and *it is* just plug in and go (however, it's also pricey and sometimes the charging doesn't activate on the iPad, requiring the cable to be unplugged or device turned off ... not exactly sure what's up with that but overall it's fine) ...

That out of the way,I'm not sure what your concern is ... Couldn't be faster or easier, esp. considering the iPad can made mobile (which I do a lot) by unhooking one cable ...

Last edited by Diametro; 27th May 2019 at 09:34 PM..
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear
The apogee one does not work as of now. im waiting on the cable but honestly this new ipad pro after a month is a disappointment. Apogee says Apple wont let them have any developmental things they need to make it work. Which pisses me off so bad because apple pimped apogee as there go to interfaces for logic and gb for years. Lets face it one guy died and apple became a a dongle and connection company. Lets sell as many 2 cent adapters for for $60 as we can and change ports every few years. iCloud which once worked great if I wanted to start projects on my phone or ipad and open on my mac. Now its ****. Im gonna wait for the new superduper os. But im really really starting to hate Apple. Ill probably sell this thing go back to. 2nd gen pro I honestly hate not having a home button and headphone jack as well. Its very obvious we are in another john scully era. A cash grab quantity over quality
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer81 View Post
The apogee one does not work as of now. im waiting on the cable but honestly this new ipad pro after a month is a disappointment. Apogee says Apple wont let them have any developmental things they need to make it work. Which pisses me off so bad because apple pimped apogee as there go to interfaces for logic and gb for years. Lets face it one guy died and apple became a a dongle and connection company. Lets sell as many 2 cent adapters for for $60 as we can and change ports every few years. iCloud which once worked great if I wanted to start projects on my phone or ipad and open on my mac. Now its ****. Im gonna wait for the new superduper os. But im really really starting to hate Apple. Ill probably sell this thing go back to. 2nd gen pro I honestly hate not having a home button and headphone jack as well. Its very obvious we are in another john scully era. A cash grab quantity over quality
Sorry to hear that.

The new pro iPads are a bit of a disappointment. iOS for audio is a pretty major disappointment all round, though I am keen to see where the new iOS ends up.

I find it best to wait regarding new Apple products in general.
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear
Rode Ai-1. Works perfectly with mi iPad Pro 2016. Bus powered, no need for external power. Really low noise and great quality components, tiny and light weight.
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Sorry to hear that.

The new pro iPads are a bit of a disappointment. iOS for audio is a pretty major disappointment all round, though I am keen to see where the new iOS ends up.

I find it best to wait regarding new Apple products in general.

Yeah i hear what your saying. But im doing acoustic singer songwriter stuff. Truth is they put this through thing out a year in advance cut most previous support so they could work on super duper wonderful os. Hey ****heads why not give everyone a touch screen macbook.
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by javilander View Post
Rode Ai-1. Works perfectly with mi iPad Pro 2016. Bus powered, no need for external power. Really low noise and great quality components, tiny and light weight.

Yes so did my did my 2016. Im talking about nov 2018 gen 3 pros with usbc which is about useless as tits on a boar. Im not talking compatibility but there was is obviously some internal hate over regular usb ports that the rest of the world uses. May jot be perfect but in my 20 years of using regular good old usb 123 never had any issues after 2.0

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search