The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ipad workflow 2019??
Old 4th May 2019
Gear Head

Ipad workflow 2019??

Hi everyone!

What are my options in 2019 to have an only ipad workflow? Singer songwriter. Want to record audio tracks and program things, mix, master.
Is there a daw that lets me use other synths, record and edit midi? Turn it into audio and mix everything?
I see the AUV3 format that is fantastic. How can i use all the great synths and apps together available on ipad? For example record and edit midi from Korg gadget 2 in garageband? Use Synth One in garageband/cubasis? Record and edit midi then mixdown? Is that what Audiobus 3 is for? How do i get all the synths/apps together and mixdown? Need to record vocals/guitar (audio) on top of everything. Mix and master. Is this a reality yet? How about plugins? Reverbs etc? Send busses? Can someone enlighten me on the situation in 2019 please? Really appreciated! Thank you.
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear

It really depends on what your expectations are and what you want to accomplish.

Audiobus 3 is for connecting apps together.

In my opinion an iOS device being an all in one solution is still some years away. Not that it isn't already possible but it's far from ideal.
The devices are getting powerful but it's still very easy to hit the memory limit.
Old 6th May 2019
Gear Head

Thank you for your input.
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Nut

I do live guitar, vocals, and bass and then virtual drums and keys so I'm never pushing memory limits but there are a lot of people using iPads for synths and such. There are also quite a few reddit groups and discord servers for the synth side of things, and although the majority might not be using iPads they definitely have a lot of applicable knowledge.
Old 7th May 2019
For a singer/songwriter solution, I believe starting with Garageband should give you everything you need. For anything further you may want, most people lately are having the best luck employing multiple iOS DAWs for their inherent strengths. For example, you might lay out your arrangement in Garageband. Then drop the tracks into Auria to add additional synth/drum machine tracks from Gadget. Then finally mix in Auria with the fine FabFilter plugs.
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
For a singer/songwriter solution, I believe starting with Garageband should give you everything you need. For anything further you may want, most people lately are having the best luck employing multiple iOS DAWs for their inherent strengths. For example, you might lay out your arrangement in Garageband. Then drop the tracks into Auria to add additional synth/drum machine tracks from Gadget. Then finally mix in Auria with the fine FabFilter plugs.
Thank you everyone. How about for example using the free Synth One in garageband? Does audiobus3 help me with that? Want to record and edit midi in garageband and eventually mix everything. Or AUV3 the only solution for now? Thanks!!
Old 7th May 2019
Here for the gear

I recommend watching some YT videos on the different iOS DAWs. Cubasis, Stagelight, Aurio Pro, Beatmaker 3, AEMS, etc. You can record, mix and master in all of these now. Once Nanostudio 2 gets audio tracks you can add that to the list also.

Join the Audiobus forum: https://forum.audiob.us/

Check out the iPad Musicians FB group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/436319729755980?ref=share

And ask away! It’s a growing scene, very friendly, and starting to really find its feet.

Also I do most of my iOS music in AUM. It’s not a traditional linear DAW but is so fast for creating stems. It has buses, stems, synced loop recording, etc. Just a brilliant workflow. And now with AU MIDI piano roll and sequencers it is now something else.
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Head

Wonderful information! Thank you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search