The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
App for keeping track of gear for insurance etc?
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

App for keeping track of gear for insurance etc?

I THINK this is the right forum.

So there is an "app" out there... although it is all web based called "Guitar Tracker" by Music Nomad.

I just saw it and as my insurance just changed I have recently gone about building up an excel spread sheet for all my gear/guitars/etc that I want itemized and cataloged for many reasons (but mostly insurance)

Anyways... it works but the Guitar Tracker add caught my eye cause it does it specifically for gear and has some other good features. Many I would not use but the easy section for notes on string gauges etc would be great. (I have lots of guitars and some guitars like different string gauges and I often forget what I use)

Thing is I just checked it out and it is not wonderful. It is a pretty basic and not-great-looking interface. It is web based so that makes it less useful over a multitude of devices.

Beyond that it only allows 4 photos etc..

Anyways.. just reaching out here to you wonderful people to see if there are any competing apps that do this? I have been looking but thought I'd come here for some friendly advice and to use the hive mind a bit.

Thanks in advance!
Josh Yenne
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

The 7 Best Home Inventory Apps of 2019

gonna check out some of these I guess? Any experience with these? Doesn't need to be specific to music of course....

just places for obvious stuff... make,model,value (maybe price paid and current value), photos, serial number, able to export cleanly (hopefully various ways)
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Just a note..

Take pics of your gear... front panel and wherever the serial number is... also an overall pic or (even better) a video tour of your room... use your inventory list as your script... “here’s my mic locker... got a shure sm58... Neumann u87 serial number xxx”... “here are my guitars”

Update as you pick up new stuff and save all that stuff locally and on a cloud somewhere reliable.

Insurance companies are hard-pressed not to pay a claim when you have video/photo documentation of your property in your room.
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Just a note..

Take pics of your gear... front panel and wherever the serial number is... also an overall pic or (even better) a video tour of your room... use your inventory list as your script... “here’s my mic locker... got a shure sm58... Neumann u87 serial number xxx”... “here are my guitars”

Update as you pick up new stuff and save all that stuff locally and on a cloud somewhere reliable.

Insurance companies are hard-pressed not to pay a claim when you have video/photo documentation of your property in your room.

um... well yea that is all obvious.. sorry if i did not make myself clear... i've obviously done all of that... pictures of most of my gear at this point.... and an excel spread sheet with all the gear with serial numbers listed.... and I have lots of old gear that sometimes don't have serial numbers but i make them all clear... WHAT to put in the app is not nay problem... WHICH app is the clearest and easiest to use is what I'm asking here... looks like a good one is "home inventory" but its expensive... but if it works forever im happy to pay it... what I am looking for i'm figuring out is a "home inventory organizer" or something like that.... always... good advice for others that you posted

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search