The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connect Zoom H2N in LineOut mode into iPhone XS for video sound/external mic? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Connect Zoom H2N in LineOut mode into iPhone XS for video sound/external mic?

Hey all. I have used my Zoom H2N in line out using a TRS cable into my Nikon DSLR before as an external mic for videos. But nowadays I am doing video with my iPhone XS and I am wondering if there is a way, even with some sort of interface or adapter to connect my Zoom H2N to my iPhone and use it with the native camera app to record audio for the videos?
I heard that to connect the mic to iPhone you need a TRSS cable instead of TRS? But then how would I connect with TRSS? With lightning to 3.5mm adapter? Would it convert the stereo XY signal from the Zoom into Mono then? What are my options when trying to connect a 3.5mm microphone such as the line out port on Zoom mics into an iPhone as external mic?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

If you want the best audio quality you need the camera connection kit from Apple. This way the H2n works as an audio interface and delivers a stereo signal. You should buy the new version of the CCK that allows the phone to be loaded while using the usb-connection.
Apple Lightning auf USB 3.0 Adapter – Musikhaus Thomann
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search