The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any advice on a stand alone display compatible with the iMac Pro?
Old 17th March 2019
Here for the gear

Any advice on a stand alone display compatible with the iMac Pro?

I’ve got the iMac Pro on an Amazon Basics arm mount on my desk and it works very nicely but I have a keyboard and control surface, the Kemper, a logidy pedal for punch ins, and I find I have a hard time getting the monitor manipulated to where I can see everything.. gotta where my readers and take them on and off.

So, I was thinking if I had a nice large display like 40-52” on a stand behind the desk it would help me actually a lot with tracking my own stuff using just the pedal punchins and the control surface.

Otherwise, I’m moving that iMac 27” screen back and forth it’s a real pain. Even cooler if I can split screen and put my project window up on the big screen. I don’t need ultra 5k or anything, just a decent and reasonably priced display maybe with a stand so I don’t have to mount it. It will be in front of my window, unfortunately.. but that’s cool. Hopefully I can move it around on it’s stand when I’m mixing etc and let the light in.

Any advise appreciated.

~D
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Right now, iPad Pro can only mostly mirror what's on the screen (which could prove useful in some instances). There are a few apps that allow different views options, but none in the music production department AFAIK.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search