The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lots of iOS externals for performance: how do you hook it up? Suggest a hub? DJ Controllers
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Lots of iOS externals for performance: how do you hook it up? Suggest a hub?

Greetings. This is for a rock band setting. I've got a Linnstrument, a MIDI Fighter Twister, and an audio interface. I'd like to be able to use my USB-C iPad Pro, but also occasionally my older lightning iPhone.

I'm wondering how others are hooking up similar setup for iOS: 2 controllers, audio interface, iOS device.

The obvious answer is a hub, but all of the USB-c hubs come with a tiny USB-C cable that will fall out of my iPad when it's on its side with all the other peripherals plugged in.

Tl;dr: I am looking for a powered USB hub that will provide enough power for an iPhone or an iPad Pro, a Linnstrument, a MIDI Fighter Twister, and an audio interface. It needs to be stable and not have a tiny cable that will fall out of my device.

THANK YOU.
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
Greetings. This is for a rock band setting. I've got a Linnstrument, a MIDI Fighter Twister, and an audio interface. I'd like to be able to use my USB-C iPad Pro, but also occasionally my older lightning iPhone.

I'm wondering how others are hooking up similar setup for iOS: 2 controllers, audio interface, iOS device.

The obvious answer is a hub, but all of the USB-c hubs come with a tiny USB-C cable that will fall out of my iPad when it's on its side with all the other peripherals plugged in.

Tl;dr: I am looking for a powered USB hub that will provide enough power for an iPhone or an iPad Pro, a Linnstrument, a MIDI Fighter Twister, and an audio interface. It needs to be stable and not have a tiny cable that will fall out of my device.

THANK YOU.
I don't have an answer, but the iOS musicians and programmers hanging out at the audiobus forums probably will. This board on GS is pretty....
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
I don't have an answer, but the iOS musicians and programmers hanging out at the audiobus forums probably will. This board on GS is pretty....
Thanks. Will try there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search