The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Crossplatform DAWs
Old 21st January 2019
  #1
Gear Nut
 
Almy's Avatar
Crossplatform DAWs

I have a friend that uses Reaper and lives a couple hours away. Since moving to my iPad for my home studio setup I wish I could export projects to him for easy collaborating. So far I haven't had much luck finding DAWs that are available on both iOS and Windows. The closest I've found is Cubase & Cubasis, although I don't know how truly cross platform they are.

Is there a DAW out there that is crossplatform where we could share projects easily, other than sending .wav files? He's on Windows so GarageBand isn't an option.
Old 23rd January 2019
  #2
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almy View Post
I have a friend that uses Reaper and lives a couple hours away. Since moving to my iPad for my home studio setup I wish I could export projects to him for easy collaborating. So far I haven't had much luck finding DAWs that are available on both iOS and Windows. The closest I've found is Cubase & Cubasis, although I don't know how truly cross platform they are.

Is there a DAW out there that is crossplatform where we could share projects easily, other than sending .wav files? He's on Windows so GarageBand isn't an option.

Stagelight.

I'm also working on one...
Old 23rd January 2019
  #3
Gear Nut
 
Almy's Avatar
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like there isn't much out there for iOS and Windows compatibility.
Old 26th January 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 
spaceman's Avatar
 

FL Studio ? I don’t use them but they seem really made to take your project from PC to iOS and back.
Old 26th January 2019
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
FL Studio ? I don’t use them but they seem really made to take your project from PC to iOS and back.
Negative. The apps don’t save or load desktop projects.
Old 26th January 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
 
spaceman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Negative. The apps don’t save or load desktop projects.
this is what they say on their website, but maybe they mean something else :

"Available as iOS (Apple), Android, Windows Phone, Windows App, FL Studio plugin.
No matter where you start, fine tune or end your music project, Move your music between iOS, Android or Windows,
and your project will look and sound the same everywhere
."
Old 26th January 2019
  #7
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
this is what they say on their website, but maybe they mean something else :

"Available as iOS (Apple), Android, Windows Phone, Windows App, FL Studio plugin.
No matter where you start, fine tune or end your music project, Move your music between iOS, Android or Windows,
and your project will look and sound the same everywhere
."
Sorta. The mobile app will load as a plugin in the Desktop software. So you can playback your mobile project and edit it in the desktop plugin but it’s not the same as loading a project from mobile on desktop or desktop on mobile. For example if you start a project on Desktop you can’t open it on mobile.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
Sorta. The mobile app will load as a plugin in the Desktop software. So you can playback your mobile project and edit it in the desktop plugin but it’s not the same as loading a project from mobile on desktop or desktop on mobile. For example if you start a project on Desktop you can’t open it on mobile.
The same is true about Cubasis!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Gear Head
 

I think the only true solution is garage band/logic
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump