The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixer/App combination?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Mixer/App combination?

Hi Guys,
I play solo. Just acoustic guitar, backing tracks(via iPad) and a microphone. I normally run my cables into a small behringer mixer...then use the main out to go to the house desk. If i need to adjust volumes, normally its not a problem as my mixer is within arms reach.
My question is...should my mixer need to be further away from me on the odd occasion, does anybody know a budget solution where I could control my volumes solely from my iPad using some kind of app?
My first presumption would be that I need some kind of digital mixer(don't really want to go there as quite expensive just to use on the odd occasion). So secondly is there some kind of converter/adapter I could take from my mixer to input to the iPad. Also what 'App' is useful for this function?
To clarify...would like to control volumes of my mic, backing tracks, and guitar through some form of 'App'.
Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Not really, audio interfaces with built in mixers controllable from a pad (RME or MOTU) are more expensive than just getting a low end digital mixer like the Behringer Air XR12, which is about £250 albeit extremely powerful.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hey Bungle..cheers for reply. Will have a look into that model tomorrow. Off the subject....you don't support Everton do you?(Similar name on football site...may be coincidence..lol).
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Everton *spit* hahahaha.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

LOL regarding football question Bungle. Anyway...I have looked more into the behringer air mixer and it looks just the job. Exactly what I need. I didnt realise there was a digital mixer at that pricepoint. I just need to find some more info out about the software(which I will start a new thread) and if the replies come back positive then it could be on my 'to buy' list. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bungle. Much appreciated.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

LOL regarding football question Bungle. Anyway...I have looked more into the behringer air mixer and it looks just the job. Exactly what I need. I didnt realise there was a digital mixer at that pricepoint. I just need to find some more info out about the software(which I will start a new thread) and if the replies come back positive then it could be on my 'to buy' list. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bungle. Much appreciated.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search