The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cannot do Auria anymore Mobile Apps
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Cannot do Auria anymore

Hi guys

I have lots of iOS synths that I like to tweak outside of a daw then send that signal into a DAW. Trying this with Auria is proving very hard for me to figure out.

All I want to do is play these sounds I’ve created in a DAW before losing the will to live.

Is Cubasis easier to do this? Is any app easier to to do this than Auria?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezelP View Post
Hi guys

I have lots of iOS synths that I like to tweak outside of a daw then send that signal into a DAW. Trying this with Auria is proving very hard for me to figure out.

All I want to do is play these sounds I’ve created in a DAW before losing the will to live.

Is Cubasis easier to do this? Is any app easier to to do this than Auria?
You want to record with an iPad DAW? Then yes Cubasis is easier. Garageband is not bad either.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
I've used iOS music production apps exclusively in my home studio for the last few years and my main DAW is Auria Pro.

First I look at iOS music apps as a toolbox; since AU's have taken off there are tons of synths, drum apps, etc. that are available. Auria is an AU host but it is admittedly very deep & complex.

Really go through the manual found here and get familiar with it:
Auria by WaveMachine Labs - Auria Support

Secondly, the pricing of iOS music production apps relative to desktop plugins, DAW's, VST's etc is ridiculously low. FabFilter's Pro Q2 was just released as an AUv3 for iOS for $25; on desktop it's $199. So getting a second DAW like Cubasis or BeatMaker 3 is a good idea to have another place to work with MIDI, etc if you don't dig the way Auria handles MIDI. With the new Files app iOS finally has an easy way to transfer files between apps so getting files back into Auria for mixing (where Auria Pro really excels).
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

ios DAWs

Deezle - I would second JRSIVs advice, to dig in to the manual. However, if after you've given it a go don't hesitate (if you can afford it) to try another DAW. Many folk have a few, and turn to them for different reasons and workflows. In my opinion, there is no sense beating your head against a wall trying to get into something if you don't dig it. Best of luck.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search