The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 or more IOS devices connected to Ableton via USB midi? Mobile Apps
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

2 or more IOS devices connected to Ableton via USB midi?

Scenario: 1 ipad (ie. running iMini or iSemi) and 1 ipod touch (ie. Sunrizer) to utilize synth apps from both at the same time to be connected to Ableton Live on a laptop via usb midi. What device is available that would accommodate this setup idea?

I'm thinking that the iConnectivity4+ can do that since it looks like the front panel has two connections that could be from two IOS devices and on the back it has the actual USB connection to the laptop.

I already have the iConnectivity2+ because I figured I would never have any need for more than one.

Anyone know of anyone who has the iConnectivity4+ AND utilizes two IOS devices like that?

Edit: Nevermind I think I found the answer to my own question after watching a YouTube video by iConnectivity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE0LsQ-WuvI - that would seem to suggest what I was getting at was correct.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Actually I figured out that I could use what I already had with the iConnectivity2+. A USB midi cable + a lightning camera kit connector connected to the ipod touch (midi in & out port on back) with the special iConnectivity 30 pin USB cable connected to the ipad2 from the front USB port. Opened Ableton Live made the midi connections. Boom. Midi data being sent to devices from Ableton over channels 1 & 2.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search