The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is Liine (Lemur) still in business?
Old 13th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Is Liine (Lemur) still in business?

Their website's forum is down and the mails I've sent to them came back...
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

I don't know, they just updated Lemur in the middle of February though? I saw complaints on their facebook about their website being down but it is online right now. I assume it is a very small company and support may be pretty limited.
Old 15th March 2018
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I don't know, they just updated Lemur in the middle of February though? I saw complaints on their facebook about their website being down but it is online right now. I assume it is a very small company and support may be pretty limited.
Small or not their forum is not working for quite some time now.

I don't know i fear they are going down but i wish them all the best. I use Lemur constantly and it's been great.

I miss the forum though. Plenty of good resources was there.
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict

What a sucky time for the forum to disappear. I have questions!!!! After buying it like 5 years ago for my ipad, I've finally gotten into it and started some basic scripting and all that other stuff.

Mind if I ask a dumb question here since I'm impatient? So say I've already made an almost fully functioning hardware synth editor that sends sysex for all buttons and other performance modes etc. Is Lemur able to update the knob settings when I change patches on the synth so I can see the sound on my ipad? Doing an internet search doesn't lead me to anything, and I would have thought it would have been automatic. I tried someone elses Matrix 1000 editor with my M1k and it didn't seem to update knob settings either so what are we missing here fellas!?
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Maniac

adhmzaiusz do you send messages over OSC or MIDI messages? With OSC, one just needs to send a message with a tag chosen according to the widget's name.
Old 5th July 2018
Hi guys! I'm looking for someone who could help me make a simple Lemur template. My guess is it would take 1-2 hours max for someone knowledgeable. I can pay an hourly rate (through Paypal I'm thinking). Anyone up for this?
Old 11th September 2018
Gear Head

If you didn't find someone to do this PM me ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus Faber View Post
Hi guys! I'm looking for someone who could help me make a simple Lemur template. My guess is it would take 1-2 hours max for someone knowledgeable. I can pay an hourly rate (through Paypal I'm thinking). Anyone up for this?
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Nut

I just came across Lemur today in LOOPOP video. I’ve heard it’s complex to program, but really how hard is it. I did (basic) flash development and HTML and (basic) JavaScript development in the past and have played around with Python in recent years. So I’m not a code ninja but have a fairly good idea how syntax works etc.
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I just came across Lemur today in LOOPOP video. I’ve heard it’s complex to program, but really how hard is it. I did (basic) flash development and HTML and (basic) JavaScript development in the past and have played around with Python in recent years. So I’m not a code ninja but have a fairly good idea how syntax works etc.
If you have experience with JavaScript it should be fairly easy for you. The coding is quite consistent. I just hate they've chosen such a flashy green as color for comments, it makes them hard to read.
Old 17th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by amundsen View Post
If you have experience with JavaScript it should be fairly easy for you. The coding is quite consistent. I just hate they've chosen such a flashy green as color for comments, it makes them hard to read.
Okay, good to know. Thanks
Old 18th September 2018
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJElectricDaddy View Post
You are same as me.

The point is - i made my way through Lemur within half hour. It's easy. Just try it and fire up some youtube videos.
Old 20th September 2018
Here for the gear

Yes xmein is correct go and watch a bunch of YouTube tutorials,

YouTube

The above is a great introduction to object's, variables and the language, to get them to talk to each other is not too bad once you get used to it.
I bought the original Lemur and realised right away that the manual alone is not enough to get into the lemur's potential, they provide a language but give little knowledge into the syntax, frustratingly they provide little info on MIDI scripting for sysex, NRPN's, older synths has wealth of functionality via sysex, take the Waldorf Q, it has about 127 CC parameters but maybe thousands of sysex parameters (this is if you run multi patch!).

As for the Liine forum, i am sure it will reappear at some point, i am also sure it is a frustration to Liine as it was the jazzmutant team who owned it before. Both companies have made the same mistake tho, not making tutorial video sessions like the ones you will find on YouTube over the past years, they could have and for very little cost, if you quickly school your new customers on how to use you product then you reduce your customer service costs.
@ adhmzaiusz
i am just about to start a controller for the Martix and want the controllers to update both ways via sysex so will let you know how i get on, it is possible tho , i would also like to return patch names to the lemur but an not sure if this is possible?

Last edited by inductionloop; 21st September 2018 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: mote info
Old 21st September 2018
Here for the gear

How do I send and receive SysEx?

Liine |

How do I send and receive SysEx?
Old 29th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
You are same as me.

The point is - i made my way through Lemur within half hour. It's easy. Just try it and fire up some youtube videos.
Cheers, good to know. Lots of learning material, good to see
Old 20th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by inductionloop View Post
Hi everybody, I have been heavily using Lemur to control different parts of my studio via iPad > iConnectivity (no computer or wifi involved, just cable from the ipad), and built complicated interfaces, many code lines etc... literally hundreds of work hours.

And a few months ago, after one of the last IOS updates (11.2.something i think), the midiout function, midi in and sysex in events stopped working. This has destroyed a fair share of functionality in my programs - which were working fine before the update.

I do not know if the problem relies on Lemur or IOS, but there definitely are problems with the last versions of IOS that should be considered by anyone thinking in adopting Lemur. Now that a new IOS is out (12.0.1), I do not dare to install because i cannot afford this to get worse, as I still rely on it for studio work.

So let me ask... anyone using Lemur under last IOS 12.0.1? any problems? any improvements? midiout, sysex etc now working again, or we are still in the dark?

Of course i asked in the forum and to the official support email, but never got an answer. Nothing - and the forum has disappeared since then, even if it was one of the only resources for developers.

It is a pity that the more powerful and flexible midi tool out there is so badly supported and documented. Still, i love Lemur and just want this to be fixed.

Last edited by blueNan; 20th October 2018 at 07:18 PM..
Old 20th October 2018
Here for the gear

Hi BlueNan, i am using an original Lemur and the first generation Ipad, so both on old software, working fine (lemur editor 5.3.4).
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Lucky you... As you may know, iPad IOS is impossible to downgrade so i am stuck in the future with a non working midi in and sysex in to Lemur.

A brief update, i finally decided to be brave and install the new IOS version (12.0...) and surprisingly, Lemur seems to go better than the former one. But I still cannot get sysex from my synths to Lemur, and midiout commands apparently do not work. I will test this thorough fully in the next days.
Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Posted two days ago by Lemur on their Facebook page: " Hi, sorry for the long delay, we are working on getting the forum back up and addressing the iOS 11 issues onwards."
Old 29th October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amundsen View Post
Posted two days ago by Lemur on their Facebook page: " Hi, sorry for the long delay, we are working on getting the forum back up and addressing the iOS 11 issues onwards."
I tried to look for this on Facebook, but couldn’t find any recent comments from them on the pages that seem to be associated with them. Can you post a link to the recent comment from them that you are referring to?
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Maniac

It's within the comments for the latest post on this page:
Lemur - Home | Facebook

("Lemur is officially the first music app used in outerspace! ESA - European Space Agency astronaut Alexander Gerst is seen here playing with Kraftwerk (back on earth) using an Lemur on iPad.")
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Head

Hey guys,

I'm also wondering whether Liine/Lemur is still in business at all.....?! In my case (running Mac OS Sierra on a cheese-grater MacPro) I can't even get the Lemur Daemon and the Editor working.....The editor starts but doesn't show any GUI or menu items other than "Quit" in the main Mac OS app bar, the Daemon seems to start also somehow in the background (little icon appears in the system bar) but when clicking on "Setup Lemur" nothing happens.....and after two weeks trying to get in touch with the support dept no reply at all....

Anybody experiencing this same behavior ?

Best regards
Old 18th November 2018
Gear Maniac

If I knew exactly who are Liine's developers I'd write them because we should have precise and convincing answers about the software's future otherwise switch to something else.
Old 4th December 2018
Gear Head

Yes, amundsen.....that's exactly the problem......that there's nobody (known) to adress at all...!
Old 12th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi they are still there for sure. I was the one asking in Lemur's facebook page, it took me a couple of messages but they did answer. Maybe you can try there too Lemur - Posts | Facebook

I hope they get their **** together soon and bring Lemur back kicking ass.
Old 12th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Auer View Post
Hey guys,

I'm also wondering whether Liine/Lemur is still in business at all.....?! In my case (running Mac OS Sierra on a cheese-grater MacPro) I can't even get the Lemur Daemon and the Editor working.....The editor starts but doesn't show any GUI or menu items other than "Quit" in the main Mac OS app bar, the Daemon seems to start also somehow in the background (little icon appears in the system bar) but when clicking on "Setup Lemur" nothing happens.....and after two weeks trying to get in touch with the support dept no reply at all....

Anybody experiencing this same behavior ?

Best regards
The editor works good in my cheese-grater macbook 2009 - but under El Capitan. Try reinstalling...? Or downgrading OSX? In my Mac Mini, Lemur is working well under Sierra - both editor and daemon.

The Daemon always starts as a little icon, but it should open a window when you click on "Setup Lemur".
Old 14th December 2018
Gear Head

Hey blueNan,

greetings from Dortmund;-)

And thanks for the feedback - good to know that Lemur is running fine on your cheesegrater.....

Unfortunately I think I'd tried uninstalling / re-installing already without success....but I'll give it another try as soon as I have time to do it....
Old 24th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Auer View Post
Hey blueNan,

greetings from Dortmund;-)

And thanks for the feedback - good to know that Lemur is running fine on your cheesegrater.....

Unfortunately I think I'd tried uninstalling / re-installing already without success....but I'll give it another try as soon as I have time to do it....
Those OSX and IOS updates killed our beloved Lemur. Hopefully with the advent of 2019 they fix it... Greetings from my cheesegrater in Berlin!
Old 4th January 2019
Lives for gear

Last night I was using Lemur on Ipad with ios 12.1.1 and it seemed fine. It was sending sysex and note data without issue.
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Last night I was using Lemur on Ipad with ios 12.1.1 and it seemed fine. It was sending sysex and note data without issue.

Hell yeah! If this confirms in my iPad... it made my day

Will be updating IOS tonight to see if the Sysex demons are gone.
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Maniac

Smile

I've discovered that someone has created an unofficial Lemur forum just a few days ago.

It's at Home | Lemur. Let's meet there!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search