The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is Liine (Lemur) still in business?
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Open Stage Control appears more and more like a very valuable alternative to Lemur. It can run natively on Mac and Windows with a touchscreen and thru a browser on other platforms (a Chrome-based program is mandatory).

The main developer is highly reactive.

I haven't finished to convert my main layout but it will help me simplify my connection setup as it will run on the computer running my music programs directly instead of going over an Android box.
Old 17th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueNan View Post
Hell yeah! If this confirms in my iPad... it made my day

Will be updating IOS tonight to see if the Sysex demons are gone.
So ... ? Please report back ... were the demons vanquished? I’ve still been holding back on any iOS 12 updates because of these concerns, and with my constantly growing suspicion that Lemur is being allowed to die a slow death via lack of support or updates, I’m getting pretty desperate for any information to go on here (because I still don’t like any of the Lemur alternatives that I know of).
Old 26th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi - sorry until just now i could not make the time to go back to the app...

I am VERY happy to report that after updating to last IOS, my Lemur's midi input, and the midiout command WORKS WELL AGAIN.
Old 26th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueNan View Post
Hi - sorry until just now i could not make the time to go back to the app...

I am VERY happy to report that after updating to last IOS, my Lemur's midi input, and the midiout command WORKS WELL AGAIN.
That's great to hear, thanks for the update! Now maybe I can stop being annoyed about iOS update prompts for a few months again.
Old 26th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindcryMusic View Post
That's great to hear, thanks for the update! Now maybe I can stop being annoyed about iOS update prompts for a few months again.

Also I am not losing my settings when the ipad screen gets locked,
BUT for this, i have to keep the "running in background" disabled.

Dunno if this is a novelty or I just found it out - but definitely a good thing for me.

I am not updating IOS until i get a second iPad to test drive first... before this update, I was almost about going android tbh.
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Maniac

Hey guys, there is some activity... Liine forum seems to be back online although i do not think it is possible to post but definitely something is moving inside the gasket...

https://forum.liine.net
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Huh. Looks like Lemur is no longer available for Android. From their website, clicking on the Google Play link leads to the generic Not Found page. Further searches find nothing.
Well shucks. :(
Just when I was thinking about actually trying it out. :(
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search