The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Integration between iPad, Roli blocks, Noise app and Logic Pro X Keyboard Controllers
Old 13th February 2018
Gear Maniac

Integration between iPad, Roli blocks, Noise app and Logic Pro X

Hi everyone, let's see if anyone can shine a light on an issue I'm having.

I've recently got a Seaboard block and a Lightpad block from Roli. Both work great both on iOS and macOS (I'm on High Sierra running Logic Pro 10.4).

So, I've installed the Noise App on the iPad (pro 2017 10.5 inches) and everything works fine. But when I try to integrate the iPad with Logic things get a little messy.

I've setup an aggregate device and, by selecting the input of the iPad, I can play notes on the Roli connected to the iPad via bluetooth and then record the audio back into Logic.

However, I'm struggling to send MIDI data to the iPad if the Roli is connected to the mac.

What I want to do is:

1 - Connect the Roli blocks to the mac via USB, not to the iPad via bluetooth.
2 - Setup an external instrument track and select the iPad as destination, so when I play the blocks, the iPad gets the midi info and triggers the Noise app while I'm also recording the midi info in Logic.
3 - Have the sound coming back to Logic from the iPad for monitoring and recording.

So far, I cannot make step 2 work. To get any sound, I have to connect the blocks to the iPad and record the audio. So I have no midi information recorded, which sucks as I'd like to manipulate it prior to printing audio.

Do I must get something like StudioMux or is it possible to do this Midi Send-Audio return from Logic to the Noise app and then back to Logic with only the lightning cable?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 2nd March 2018
I think StudioMux is the answer
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search