The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beathawk for ios DAW Software
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Beathawk for ios

Well I purchased Beathawk because on their website it talked about loops with meta markers. So I was like kool this will let me make my own loops........Well not exactly. You need either Acid or Recycle to make loops that will work with Beathawk. So bummer for that. Also their is no hold function for a pad to play the loop by itself unless you sequence it. Another bummer.

So what is good about Beathawk, I do like the sequencer, its easy and very functional. The sounds are crisp and clear. I like that we can sample and put it across a keyboard. The effects while limited are ok, I do like the reverb, it does sound pretty sweet.

Oh one more thing, I love how responsive it is on the pads. Why different apps act differently when they have similar pad layouts is beyond me, must be in the programming I am sure.

Overall, I didn't really need this app, I am not looking for a sequencer. I wanted a sampler /looper. So my search continues. As much money as I have spent lately I could have just shelled out for the Akai Live (yes I know Beathawk is only $10 bucks but I am including my diy sampler/looper project also).

So if you want a good sequencer on the ios then Beathawk is pretty damn good and it does both step and realtime recording.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Beathawk is a self contained music production system, similar to Korg gadget. I like the workflow, and the IAP sound sets are pretty good for the most part. Projects can be exported to Ableton live. The step sequencer is really good, and the app was recently updated to have midi out. Some people are using it as a step sequencer in AUM to control other iOS synths.

You might take a look at Beatmaker 3. It is another self contained music production environment. One of the central features of Beatmaker 3 is a really good sampler. You should look at a few youtube videos and see if it has what you are looking for. I don't get too deep with the sampler myself, but I do use it to sample drum sounds from other iOS drum programs and assign them to pads for drum programming.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search