The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Zoom H2n with iPad/iPhone Mobile Accessories
Old 11th December 2017
Here for the gear

Zoom H2n with iPad/iPhone

Hi,

I’m looking at buying an H2n for recording gigs and recording myself on the saxophone when practicing in the car, just to listen to my tone etc. (lunch times at work, time is at a premium with a young child!).

I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried using it as a microphone for an iPhone/iPad, as I’d quite like to record alongside a backing track when practicing in the car.

This isn’t for proper recording, I have a an audio interface, controller etc for that.

Thanks
James
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Get the focusrite itrack pocket, it's $10 on amazon and sounds good. Or if you don't care about mono only use Audioshare and turn on measurement mode in the hardware settings in the app. Iphone mic is surprisingly good once the auto processing is turned off.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

The H2n has special modes in the settings menu to use it as an iOS mic or iOS card reader, both of which work fine. It will work great for what you want to do.

EDIT- My comment applies to the Q2n, not the H2n. Sorry.

Last edited by Hannibal Lektra; 1 week ago at 02:17 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lektra View Post
The H2n has special modes in the settings menu to use it as an iOS mic or iOS card reader, both of which work fine. It will work great for what you want to do.
Hi. as I was looking for same info, can I ask you where are located those settings (under which sub menu..)? As I can't find settings specifically iOS oriented, just the usual ones available when you plug it via usb to pc/mac:
- selecting if as card reader or audiocard
- its rate (44.1 or 48)
- usb connection "connect-disconnect".
But for iOS nothing specific, plus yes, without a powered usb hub it's not possible here, once plugged directly to the cck the iPad shows the usual "require too much power" alert.
Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego_C View Post
Hi. as I was looking for same info, can I ask you where are located those settings (under which sub menu..)? As I can't find settings specifically iOS oriented, just the usual ones available when you plug it via usb to pc/mac:
- selecting if as card reader or audiocard
- its rate (44.1 or 48)
- usb connection "connect-disconnect".
But for iOS nothing specific, plus yes, without a powered usb hub it's not possible here, once plugged directly to the cck the iPad shows the usual "require too much power" alert.
Thanks
Oops! I have a Q2n, not an H2n.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for all the input, in the end I changed tack and went for a Zoom iQ7, initial impressions are that it sounds great, and will do the just the job!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search