The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beatmaker 3 released
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Beatmaker 3 released

Beatmaker 3 is finally released and at a discount the first week:
BeatMaker 3 - INTUA

Anyone tried it? I'm not sure I need it, but it does look very impressive.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

ive only played with the demo tune that comes with it, it seems very well featured
i'd suggest an ipad pro , the interface is very full with some small icons.
and probably best to get an external trigger device for velocity / modulation stuff.

i'm not sure i need it , i have modstep and others which i rarely use , i ussually put together melodies in midistep/troublemaker/patterning and render them out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Has an 8 pattern layer limit
The performance mode is a waste of time
The scene triggering cant be recorded to the arranger to create arrangements on the fly
Audio clips dont stretch correctly on the timeline
The sampler is pretty good though, although it does start to phase when used for drumkits, just weird

It's not ready for prime time yet, no idea why they released it like this.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I always thought Beatmaker 2 sounded pretty generic compared to Nanostudio. Hopefully this one is better
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
It does 6 way layering per pad which for me makes it a must have for my fingerdrumming on the go needs. Will go nicely with my iRig pads. Goign to supersede iPad pro for me.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Can anyone comment on the midi part of it? How is importing midi files?
Old 6 days ago
Can't comment on MIDI, but I've got my hands full learning it. That's for sure. It's an mighty damn impressive "MPC killer" IMHO.
The included sounds with BM2 were indeed pretty lame. BM3 does not come with any sounds. It's a true sampler. You can, however, download sound packs; one of which is free. It's been very easy getting my own sounds into it, and it's a sound designers dream.
Old 4 days ago
How many MIDI ports can it address?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
I had 3 random crashes the first day on my Ipad Air, so perhaps it's not ready for primetime. The feature set and GUI are impressive indeed. I find the workflow very similar to Maschine.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If I were to purchase a 512gb Ipad pro for use with BM3, would I be able to store, say, 100gb of samples on the ipad or would I have to download from dropbox each time? 100% new to iOS beatmaking.
Old 4 days ago
No crashes yet on my Air1, but I've only done basic stuff so far.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
If I were to purchase a 512gb Ipad pro for use with BM3, would I be able to store, say, 100gb of samples on the ipad or would I have to download from dropbox each time? 100% new to iOS beatmaking.

I would store them on my iPad, personally. I use AudioShare to organize my library.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Anyone know if you've got one of the Lightning thumb drives, can BM3/access samples/record to that or will it only work with internal storage?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom@s View Post
I would store them on my iPad, personally. I use AudioShare to organize my library.
Do you know what I would have to do to do this? Its not as easy as plugging in a usb drive and transferring so Im a little confused how I would go about this? Thanks
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
No crashes yet on my Air1, but I've only done basic stuff so far.
Good to hear I have been getting mixed answers re: iPad Air 1 performance.

What kind of "basic stuff"

3-5 tracks of sequenced samples with some fx ? or more ?

Not ready to upgrade my ipad yet. Hoping I can get 8-14 tracks of sequenced samples maybe reverb on a send, some basic pitching shifting/warping, filtering, eq and compression on a few inserts

Thanks in advance
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Do you know what I would have to do to do this? Its not as easy as plugging in a usb drive and transferring so Im a little confused how I would go about this? Thanks
As long as you have both AudioShare and Dropbox apps on your iPad, it's pretty slick. Simply open AudioShare and import sounds from Dropbox.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqverb View Post
Good to hear I have been getting mixed answers re: iPad Air 1 performance.

What kind of "basic stuff"

3-5 tracks of sequenced samples with some fx ? or more ?

Not ready to upgrade my ipad yet. Hoping I can get 8-14 tracks of sequenced samples maybe reverb on a send, some basic pitching shifting/warping, filtering, eq and compression on a few inserts

Thanks in advance

I hear ya. My Gadget projects typically run 12-16 tracks with lotza effects, and while it pushes my Air1 to the limit, it still gets the job done. So far, my BM3 projects are up to simple 8 bar loops made up of 4 tracks with one or 2 effects per track. No hiccups. My plan is to use BM3 to map out arrangements I can drop in Auria. I'll do additional tracks in Auria, then mix-n-master there with Fabfilter effects.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
As long as you have both AudioShare and Dropbox apps on your iPad, it's pretty slick. Simply open AudioShare and import sounds from Dropbox.
Thats it? Thats pretty amazing!!!!

Thanks man
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I hear ya. My Gadget projects typically run 12-16 tracks with lotza effects, and while it pushes my Air1 to the limit, it still gets the job done. So far, my BM3 projects are up to simple 8 bar loops made up of 4 tracks with one or 2 effects per track. No hiccups. My plan is to use BM3 to map out arrangements I can drop in Auria. I'll do additional tracks in Auria, then mix-n-master there with Fabfilter effects.
Great ! I actually have korg gadget too but quickly got bored with it after a few weeks , its been collecting dust ever since.

I owned the originally BM running on the original iphone
skipped BM2 went to tabletop then impc pro, and beathawk nothing grabbed me and so i kept going back to the computer maschine/ some hardware boxes, but BM3 looks to be everything I am looking for in emulating hardware on the iPad

BM3 and my arturia beatstep that I just dusted off easy to pack I can now leave the laptop at home.

Effects are not really a big issue as I will export to ableton or logic.
biggest is thing is using like an MPC sampling and sequencing

Thanks again
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Has an 8 pattern layer limit
The performance mode is a waste of time
The scene triggering cant be recorded to the arranger to create arrangements on the fly
Audio clips dont stretch correctly on the timeline
The sampler is pretty good though, although it does start to phase when used for drumkits, just weird

It's not ready for prime time yet, no idea why they released it like this.
Thanks for this info. Will stick with Modstep.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search