The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting my apps on wifes ipad
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Addict

Getting my apps on wifes ipad

Im on a ancient ipad 2. My wife recently bought a ipad pro. We have two seperate apple accounts can i sign in and download my music apps and all of our stuff will work. Or will we be signing in and out. Is this even possible.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Why don't you try it and tell us?

My wife and I have several iPads but they are all on my account, so we can exchange things easily. We can even be reading the same KIndle books, and it tells the other what page we are on. Was wonderful the one time I forgot my pad and could use hers to mix a live gig.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Yes. Or I think you can set up family sharing?
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Yes. Or I think you can set up family sharing?
This

It is not possible to sign in and out of iPads. however you can setup family sharing, link two accounts, and then install your apps on her iPad & vice versa.
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Addict

yes its family sharing thanks guys.
Old 27th March 2017
Lives for gear

Have fun with that lol. Sharing more than one device on one itunes account ends up being a real pain. I actually switched to android to put an end to the madness lol ( we had multiple iphones and an ipad on the same account - troubleshooting messaging alone may end your martiage lol). Messaging gets all screwed up with each update. I sure hope they've improved things on that front. Texts from me would show up as her or vice versa - i had to reset those damn settings on each device so many times it pushed me out of the eco system altogether.

But good luck to you!
Old 27th March 2017
Lives for gear

I have five iPads - one old first version that is retired, and four 2s: one that got broken, my main one, one exclusively for mixer control, and a spare that I got for my wife to use as a kindle reader. Apple knows which is which, and I have named them appropriately too! I use my main one for email, web, and various things like spectragrams and such, as well as a reader. The remote control one stays on the charger except for gigs. Once I forgot both of mine on the way to a gig, and fortunatly could use my wife's as the mixer remote.

We have separate iPhones on the same account, different numbers pof course...

None of them have ever gotten confused!

You'll be fine I have never used anything but Mac and apple, though I don't like the direction they are going in past few years.
Old 28th March 2017
Lives for gear

2 iPhones and iPads on one account, never had a problem. "It just works."
Old 30th March 2017
Lives for gear

I just keep the same Apple ID and that seems to work for me anyways.
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

I just heard that the Alabama Governor who resigned over having an affair with an aide got caught because he gave his wife his official State iPad, forgetting that it was synced with his phone which he used to chat with his paramour. Dumb... Don't do that!
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
I just heard that the Alabama Governor who resigned over having an affair with an aide got caught because he gave his wife his official State iPad, forgetting that it was synced with his phone which he used to chat with his paramour. Dumb... Don't do that!
No good can come of sharing these devices - you may as well set aside the retainer for your divorce lawyer now lol.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search