The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundbrenner Pulse: Worst gear ever?
Old 7th January 2017
Here for the gear

Soundbrenner Pulse: Worst gear ever?

Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

What was it like when you tried it ?
Old 7th January 2017
Indeed this is stupid,... if you can't get that groove going, just stop, no machine is going to help you.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

So i guess it is terrible when you tried it then ?
Old 10th January 2017
I don't need one, I've got the groove....

Just imagine an 80 piece orchestra running on 80 not synched clocks.... this will be fab

Next stop a concert grand where the keys light up to tell you wich notes to hit, now everybody can play in an orchestra

If you are training with a metronome it could be replaced by this, but that's it, I see no further use for this.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Aaah ok, so you have never used it but its rubbish
Old 10th January 2017
Did you make this thing or what ?

So you have to try it before saying anytrhing about it ?

Well, go swallow a turd and tell me what it tastes like ... I think I'll pass on that one.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Wow, so you haven't tried the product, you then bad mouth it, then swear at me for pointing out how ridiculous that is, well done, i guess you decide what food you like the same way right ?
Old 26th February 2017
Lives for gear

Inevitable product. My fitbit buzzes all the time for this or that. Texts, phone calls, reminders, etc. It looks like a great idea for a drummer. I bought this tuner. It`s kinda like this tiny tuner that clamps on and hides behind the headstock. When you`re not tuning, it flashes to the beat you're strumming. Good-bye click tracks. I can see a real use for this. Especially when you can "feel" the beat.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Actually, if you are a beginner drummer just starting out I could see this being a godsend; right now it's a metronome + headphones
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Addict

Looks like a pretty dope idea. Playing with inears, feeling nothing from the drummer. This might actually help when its syncable with ableton or something.
Old 23rd March 2017
Here for the gear

I got the Soundbrenner Pulse 2 days ago and today I decided to return it. I still think it can be quite useful but it didn't work for me.
The pulses (even at the lowest intensity) felt kind of uncomfortable to me (almost painful; especially when close to bones). I also find it irritating to have the pulse only at one side of my body (as opposed to a click in both ears) and I couldn't find a place on my body to put it and where it feels right.
The Pulse itself is well made and vibrates very strongly at high settings. 99 bucks is reasonable price I think.
The app is really good, too. Controlling and setting up the Pulse works nicely + it has Ableton Link. Lots of adjustments you can make within, too.
By the way: the app can be used as a plain metronome without the Pulse and it's for free. So if you're looking for a metronome for your Iphone or Ipad I definitely recommend that one.
To sum it up: One of the things where I'd say: Give it a try. I could work for you. I don't want to strictly advise against it. The tendency, I guess, is the more you are used to a normal metronome, the less you're going to like it. But it could be really useful to people who are new to playing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Was excited to use at church since we don't have in ears. Purchased 2 but ended up returning. App is great allowing you customize and set up a song list each with it's own bpm. Syncing via Bluetooth worked great but the pulse required too much concentration and was distracting. The only way I can describe it is it was like trying to play to a click you can barely hear. Tried placing it on arm, wrists, leg etc. Just didn't work and I have no problem playing to a click. Might work for practicing but not live purposes. Try it out. Maybe it will work for you.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search