The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adroid DAW
Old 8th December 2016
Deleted User
Adroid DAW

Hey fellas, Im looking for an app I can load on my LG VOlt phone, Samsung tablet for recording just a song idea if you will, think songwriting.
Two tracks, a vocal and a guitar or piano is what Im talking.

Do you guys have a fav for Android?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

I have used J4T and Audio Evolution Mobile on Android Operating Systems 4.0 and earlier, with limited success.

Many people online mention Android's problems with audio handling that only began to be addressed w Android 5.0 (check for yourself, going by memory here).

The issue I run into isn't so much Android's significant latency, as it is VARIABLE latency. In short, no matter what I tried, later audio tracks never line up with Track 1. This in spite of routines designed to measure latency and apply correction.

Bottom line, check your OS version, have a look at you hardware, (CPU and RAM) for a rough idea how it compares to a Samsung Galaxy 3 running 4.0, and wait for others, using newer phones, to chime in here w additional info.

If I could solve the latency/sync issues, JT4 would be great for "quick n dirty" idea capture, and Audio Evolution looks like a more evolved DAW-ish type solution.

Both available from the App Store.
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

J4T from the Play Store works well on a Samsung Galaxy 5 running Android 6.0. Variable latency issues on a Galaxy 3 w Android 4.0.
Old 8th December 2016
Deleted User
Im on 4.4.2 here Android. Thanks for the info
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Hey fellas, Im looking for an app I can load on my LG VOlt phone, Samsung tablet for recording just a song idea if you will, think songwriting.
Two tracks, a vocal and a guitar or piano is what Im talking.

Do you guys have a fav for Android?

Thanks
Audio Evolution Mobile, a fully featured DAW. When used with a USB audio interface, it is as good as any desktop DAW.
Old 9th December 2016
Deleted User
Thanks fellas, checking out Audio Evolution here, diggin it so far, got to find the metronome LOL
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
got to find the metronome LOL
Can be found in Tempo settings by tapping the display just right of the Record button.
Old 9th December 2016
Deleted User
Got it ,, thank ya
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Got it ,, thank ya
Glad to help

Audio Evolution Mobile has its own forum where the developer himself replies eXtream Software Development Forum - Audio Evolution Mobile
Old 24th December 2016
Deleted User
Last question, when yo buy this app does that only work on the Android device you purchased it on? Wanting to know if I have to buy it for both the phone and the tablet if you will, thanks
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

You can install any Android app on any device you are signed into.

I have all of my apps on my phone, tablet and Chromebook.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search