The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for a sampler for iPad 3
Old 4th December 2015
Gear Nut

Looking for a sampler for iPad 3

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to play long samples inbetween and during songs while playing live with my band. I tried the Akai MPX8 hardware but you can only load a total of 30MB per bank into its memory. It also doesn't have an option to stop the sample by tapping the pad again. Hardware units that have better options are past my budget. Therefore, I'm looking for a iOS app for my iPad 3 that can do the job. A simple interface with about 16 pads or less should do, I don't need to manipulate sounds while playing. I don't need step sequencing, but should be able to play multiple samples simultaniously. Needless to say the app should be able to load my own 48khz samples.

What do you recommend?

Thanks!
Old 4th December 2015
Look at Beatmaker 2.
Old 6th December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Look at Beatmaker 2.
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to set the trigger pads for play/stop mode? Can't seem to find that option there...
Old 7th December 2015
Gear Nut

Take a look at Samplr - can load many samples, but only six performance pads. Even if it doesn't meet your needs, so cool you gotta have it anyway
Old 7th December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas View Post
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to set the trigger pads for play/stop mode? Can't seem to find that option there...
hmmm... I know you can set up the pads, individually, for single-shot, hold, loop, and stuff like that. Not sure that'll help you though.
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Nut

Thanks all, I'm gonna give Beatmaster a shot at tomorrow's rehearsal...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search