The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder and scape constructor Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th October 2015
FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder and scape constructor

FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder and scape constructor.

Advanced field recorder combined with sound warp engine with a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone. Discover new ways to create and construct unusual and exciting sounds from any environmental audio recordings or samples recorded from other apps through Inter-App audio or Audiobus.

The main purpose of this advanced app is to shorten the way from recording samples to create spectacular soundscapes and in addition to use this app as glitch loop based effect in the real-time.

The FieldScaper consists of two main parts. The first part is the field recorder with special options for different ways of record environmental sound from microphone or record other sound sources. The second part is the scaper sound engine that with using dynamic presets can easily transform the most ordinary samples into something absolutely different. These parts connect with each other into one whole but you can use recorder or scaper separately.

Application info:
http://motion-soundscape.blogspot.co...-recorder.html

App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/fieldsca...d/id1006624104
Old 23rd October 2015
Lives for gear

Looks cool. Anyone tried it?
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

Just downloaded the app and trying it now.
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

Very interesting tool, indeed. Powerful engine, nice features, simple yet well designed interface. A useful pocket ambience generator.
I wish it had some advanced granular functions and 192kHz recording ability.
Old 3rd November 2015
Exciting Noise series bundle. FieldScaper and SoundScaper. Two powerful instruments for creation most unusual and exciting soundscapes in one bundle at a very reasonable price. Also reviews, live demos and even more!

Exciting Noise series bundle

Old 1st January 2016
Top iOS music apps of 2015

Top iOS music apps of 2015. Reviews and videos from The Music App Blog, haQ attaQ / The Sound Test Room and Synth Anatomy.

Top iOS music apps of 2015
Old 22nd January 2016
FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder and scape constructor version 1.2 has been released.

What's new:
  • Added scenes for saving all operation parameters.
  • Added "Internal recorder" for recording the main output.
  • Presets and scenes can copy / paste thru text clipboard.
  • Additional button for start / stop all oscillators.
  • Audio input parameters on the main screen (for iPad).
  • Some improvements of user interface.
  • Fixed bug in processing midi commands.
  • Built-in description updated.
  • Minor bug fixes.

More about this app: motion-soundscape.blogspot.com

Available on the Apple App Store

Old 22nd March 2016
Glitched ambient (FieldScaper app in the Looper mode)

FieldScaper 1.4 with new advanced looper mode for convenient use this application in real-time sound mangling has been released!

Glitched ambient demo (FieldScaper app in the Looper mode)

More about how to create this effect: Motion Soundscape: Glitched ambient (FieldScaper app in the Looper mode)
Old 27th April 2016
FieldScaper ver. 1.5 with full screen field recorder for iPhone in landscape orientation and improved support for control via MIDI has been released.

Advanced field recorder for iPhone and iPad combined with a sound warp engine and a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone. Discover new ways to create and construct unusual and exciting sounds from any environmental audio recordings or samples recorded from other apps through Inter-App audio or Audiobus.

AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/fieldsca...d/id1006624104

FieldScaper live improvisation with MIDI controller

More details about this demo (what were used in this setup):

Motion Soundscape: FieldScaper live improvisation with MIDI controller
Old 20th May 2016
FieldScaper 1.6 has been released!

FieldScaper ver. 1.6 has been released!

motion-soundscape.blogspot.com

Old 21st May 2016
Gear Maniac
I would update this now, but my iPad is getting fixed so I have to wait. I need to get an interface for my iPad. As cool as the web-connected sampling feature is, it's much faster and easier if I could just sample directly into it.
Old 4th June 2016
Emptiness Of Reality (Live)

This album was compiled from original tracks of my video demos recorded at live performance on analogue tape on Sony TC-510-2 Tapecorder without mixing and post processing. In videos were used others copies that were processed especially for these videos.

Listen it on Bandcamp:

Emptiness Of Reality (Live) | Innerspace Welcome

These compositions are sound art that I create basically with use two my applications SoundScaper and FieldScaper on iPad. But also I use many other audio equipment for creating original samples that I use further with these apps. For samples in these compositions were used synths Roland Juno-60, Korg MS2000, Yamaha DX21, Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Etherwave Theremin, Clavia Nord Lead 3, Casio CZ-101, Polivoks and several DIY soundboxes. For processing source samples I used Roland RE-201 Space Echo, Roland SDE-2000, Akai MFC42, Eventide Harmonizer H949, Yamaha REV7 and several others. Original tapes digitized by RME Fireface UCX.
Old 11th November 2016
FieldScaper 1.7 has been released!

FieldScaper 1.7 - Field recorder & Scapes constructor for iPhone and iPad has been released.

Advanced field recorder combined with a sound warp engine and a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone. Discover new ways to create and construct unusual and exciting sounds from any environmental audio recordings or samples recorded from other apps through Inter-App audio or Audiobus.

This update adds new options to the field recorder which is the one of main parts of FieldScaper app specially designed for recording and editing samples, noises and environmental sounds. Also in this update:
  • Improved automatic gain control for recorder.
  • Marking sample on minimum points of level for cutting.
  • Additional editor option - Filter and Normalizer.
  • Additional editor option - Undo operation.
  • Selecting part of sample during playback as effect.
  • MIDI controls for selecting part of sample.
  • Individual or group LFO for each effect parameter.
  • Inverting LFO value for each parameter.
  • LFO rate defined in seconds or beats with BPM sync.
  • Sync BPM with main or alter MIDI device or thru IAA.
  • Several new presets added.
  • Minor bug fixes.
More about FieldScaper: motion-soundscape.blogspot.com

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/fieldsca...d/id1006624104

FieldScaper - Sample editor and create a new preset demo:

Old 9th March 2017
An experiment with abstract patterns generating by using only Korg Monotron as sound source and FieldScaper app on iPad for sound processing.

More details: motion-soundscape.blogspot.com/2017/03/abstract-patterns.html

Old 23rd October 2017
FieldScaper ver. 1.8 has been released!

FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder and scapes constructor ver. 1.8 has been released.

What's new:
  • Added support of Ableton Link.
  • Added support of Audiobus 3.
  • Added support of Audiobus MIDI.
  • New mode "Manual" in the looper.
  • Additional LFO ranges.
  • Sync start with Ableton Link.
  • Several new presets added.
  • Updated Dropbox support.
  • Improvements of user interface.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Application site: http://motion-soundscape.blogspot.com
AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/fieldsca...d/id1006624104

Old 26th November 2017
Lives for gear

$2.99 on sale today. Good deal.
Old 27th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
$2.99 on sale today. Good deal.
Thats an awesome deal !!! I have had it now for about 3 months and I can give you my overall opinion. This is basically an effects processor/sampler. It basically records souns and processes them in unique ways. A midi controller is a must I believe. I currently use it every once in awhile, but plan to use it with my Sp808 sampler. And for 3 bucks how can you go wrong
Old 25th April 2018
FieldScaper ver. 1.9 has been released

FieldScaper - Field recorder & Scapes constructor ver. 1.9 has been released.

With this update you can access FieldScaper records and samples by using iOS 11 Files app. Just open app "Files" - "On My iPad (iPhone)" - "FieldScaper" to copy, move, delete or rename any file which contains in FieldScaper. Also with Files app you can easily copy samples to FieldScaper from any other apps or storage cloud services.

More about this app: Motion Soundscape
AppStore: FieldScaper on the App Store

Old 29th May 2018
Using iOS apps for live performance

These several examples demonstrate how iOS apps can be used for live performance and studio recording together with other instruments and audio devices.

Usually for live performance very convenient use the MIDI controller for control the audio processing apps or simple MIDI keyboard for synthesizer apps. For the best audio preferable to use an external audio interface connected to the iOS device. With MIDI controller and audio interface you can conveniently use apps for live performance even on iPhone.

To connect several USB MIDI and audio devices to single iPad or iPhone you can use simple non-powered USB hub. Mostly any hub works without problems. But in this case you should use power adapters for your MIDI controllers and audio interfaces. Or you can use powered hub and connect to him any controller that can powering thru USB.

Also you need have "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" to connect USB hub to the iOS device:

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (with this adapter iOS device will powering from battery)
Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (this adapter can power and charge iOS device)

In this setup were used two apps SynthScaper and FieldScaper on iPads, three DIY sound boxes and analog synthesizer with two analog effect units.

More details on site: http://motion-soundscape.blogspot.com

Old 14th July 2018
FieldScaper v. 2.0 has been released

FieldScaper - Sound warp field recorder & scapes constructor for iPhone and iPad ver. 2.0 has been released.
  • With this update you can add rhythmic effects and distortions with using built-in step sequencer. The sequencer and LFOs can be synced with other apps and devices thru MIDI, Inter-App Audio or with Ableton Link.
  • New parametric equalizer can isolate or suppress oscillators output in a certain frequency range so that they not interfere each other. With equalizer added automatic gain control for oscillators output.
  • Also you can pack scene and all its presets and samples to single file. This new feature is very useful for copying scene to another device or backup.

More details: Motion Soundscape: FieldScaper 2.0 has been released

AppStore: FieldScaper on the App Store

Old 28th July 2018
FieldScaper tutorial

The most comprehensive and the best tutorial for FieldScaper app!

Old 28th March 2019
FieldScaper - Field recorder & Scapes constructor ver. 2.1 has been released

FieldScaper - Field recorder & Scapes constructor ver. 2.1 has been released.

Advanced field recorder combined with a sound warp engine and a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone.

With the FieldScaper app, you can easily record the sound of the environment and instantly transform it into something unusual and very atmospheric. This app is great for sound design and create special sound effects for movies, games and audio books.

With using internal sequencer and Ableton Link option the FieldScaper app can transform usual melodic loops into rhythmic broken ambient sound synced with other apps like drum machines.

More about this app: Motion Soundscape
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search