The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Greetings!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Greetings!

Hey all,

Where to start...? I was born in....naw, forget that! Child of the 60's & 70's - grew up hearing my parent's Beatles, Peter, Paul & Mary, Nat King Cole & Supremes and Beach Boys albums. Always loved music, but having finger pads the size of Nickels and unable to isolate a guitar string or fit them between black keys on a keyboard I was condemned to the tech-side of things.

After squandering a big chunk of my life building airliners an industrial injury sent me back to school, so, of course, I picked one of the least lucrative career paths in the modern post-Grunge era - audio engineering. Long, angry discussions about what major labels did to the music industry aside, I realized the only way I was going to pay my bills was to get into audio for video, and I have spent nearly fifteen years babysitting levels on 5 or 6 wireless kits. Yay.

With the advent of The Plague I have been reconsidering many things, but a recurring thought is how much I miss pure audio and recording music. I came across a Mackie 32-8 Bus (with meter bridge!!) for a price I could not refuse. I have no idea what i will eventually do with it - It needs a factory tear-down and cleaning, so that will happen. I have a little bit of outboard gear, a pretty decent computer and plan on some sort of interface to do a hybrid record/mix set-up. And I have a second bedroom that is already a computer room/electronics workbench and home office for my work, and i have some friends who would like to do a little recording, mostly acoustic guitar stuff. That's what i know for now. I might only do this for fun? I might do singer/songwriter demo gigs for impoverished musicians for lunch money, i just don't know, but along the way I might have questions, and word on the street is that this is the place to go

That's what i got.

If anyone made it this far, thanks! Say 'Hi'

Curtis
Old 4 days ago
Greetings OrcaSea,

Welcome to Gearspace!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…