The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My personal Introduction
Old 28th October 2020
Here for the gear

My personal Introduction

Hello, I am a super new Audio Engineer with little to none working experience I have been in school for Audio Engineering for the past two years my favorite type of music is garage psych rock but I have no problem with any other genre especially Avant Garde I am a lover of Noise and will listen to straight up Atonal music when doing homework. I used to live in Nashville Tn but moved because of covid and now stay in Florida trying to move back to music city.

My goal in life is still unclear and will remain that way until I die probably but the idea is being a recording engineer or a mixing engineer but I am at that turnpike right now between the film or music route from the amount of friends I have that are film makers.

for recording I LOVE analog but I also believe in new technology I own a lot of instruments and I mean ALOT (big fan of Brian jones). I like to record in the box something with sitting at a computer is much more interesting than being in-front of a large console (I know im weird) but I love watching my reel to reel spin infront of me

my current wish list (gear doesn't matter too much to me but I need an upgrade soon): a new interface 2 channels is not enough, my computer is about to blow up, Im sick of looking at the same logic interface so tryna get pro tools, waves plugins im feining for it and finally the last thing I want on my wish list is great connections of all the gear I find it most important to have friends and people to trust a connection is way more important than a Royer 121 in my opinion

finally 2 of my most prized pieces of equipment are my Hofner violin bass, and my functional mic stand I have kept that sucker in tip top shape I can't stand dirty mic stands that fall (my pet peeve)
im excited to be on here id love to hear from people I hope that explains enough of me thank you for your time in reading this super long post.
Show replies
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by McintoshNoize View Post
Hello, I am a super new Audio Engineer with little to none working experience I have been in school for Audio Engineering for the past two years my favorite type of music is garage psych rock but I have no problem with any other genre especially Avant Garde I am a lover of Noise and will listen to straight up Atonal music when doing homework. I used to live in Nashville Tn but moved because of covid and now stay in Florida trying to move back to music city.

My goal in life is still unclear and will remain that way until I die probably but the idea is being a recording engineer or a mixing engineer but I am at that turnpike right now between the film or music route from the amount of friends I have that are film makers.

for recording I LOVE analog but I also believe in new technology I own a lot of instruments and I mean ALOT (big fan of Brian jones). I like to record in the box something with sitting at a computer is much more interesting than being in-front of a large console (I know im weird) but I love watching my reel to reel spin infront of me

my current wish list (gear doesn't matter too much to me but I need an upgrade soon): a new interface 2 channels is not enough, my computer is about to blow up, Im sick of looking at the same logic interface so tryna get pro tools, waves plugins im feining for it and finally the last thing I want on my wish list is great connections of all the gear I find it most important to have friends and people to trust a connection is way more important than a Royer 121 in my opinion

finally 2 of my most prized pieces of equipment are my Hofner violin bass, and my functional mic stand I have kept that sucker in tip top shape I can't stand dirty mic stands that fall (my pet peeve)
im excited to be on here id love to hear from people I hope that explains enough of me thank you for your time in reading this super long post.
Wow! this is great to know. My husband and I are putting together a analog recoding studio. 2 years ago I would never imagine how in demand analog music recording is to date. The secrets out! haha! It just sounds better!
People do not mind paying more because it does take more leg work to do then a flat easy peasy digital format … So it all started out when we decided to get out our beautiful older 2006 MAC PRO cheese grater computer and get it fixed by the grace of God!(Not many work on those anymore but I found one Mac gear head)... That worked out well and the next thing we did is upgrade our drum machine our pocket took the hit and bought the lovely:
AKAI MPC 3000...{That's a win}
Then a friend that did woodwork for a church that was moving GAVE us these gigantic awesome analog boards from a clean beautiful smoke free church …They ended up being SOUND CRAFT! These mixing board were in such good condition coming from the church barely used. They were probably 100 grand new all together it was such a blessing and the church was happy too. IT was the cherry on top and basically we were done our analog studio dream was complete in about 3 years. So now anytime I buy equipment I make sure I only buy analog/ digital equipment. I recently bought a Audio Technica analog/ digital record player. It hooks up to the analog MP3 or Pro Tools, I only ever had old school Technics player so this was fun.
Hopefully by the beginning of the new year the studio extension will be completed and analog by choice...Or digital if a millennial see fits..
Cheers~Marie Tillman/ Houston TX
(Sorry my post ended up in the middle somehow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnrecording View Post
Hello Everyone,

learnrecording here - I've always wanted to learn recording but I've never been around the people with the right gear and I don't have funds for a recording degree.

So, I'm building a home studio and having a blast along the way.

My favorite piece of gear i the studio so far?? Bass Station 2 - Sounds amazing and it is a blast making sounds.

Peace
Show replies
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear