The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introduction and assistance request krk 10s sub
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Introduction and assistance request krk 10s sub

greetings 'ol

Struggling with a load hum/buzz, discovered on the power supply board that there were some capacitors blown, replaced the capacitors, the hum became softer. Due to a slip of hand that caused one of the capacitors in the bridge circuit to pop and burnt through the board, repaired the tracks that were damaged.

So I replaced all the components on the power supply board, plugged in and switched on and the fuse blew, replaced fuse, blew again...

Any advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Introduction and assistance request krk 10s sub-20200925_142231.jpg   Introduction and assistance request krk 10s sub-20200925_140807.jpg   Introduction and assistance request krk 10s sub-screenshot_20200926-015319_one-ui-home.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
It may be too late to give you advice. I can’t know your level of technical understanding and your competence regarding electronics repair. But... You may have turned your power supply into scrap.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Afraid not my doing, I just trying to help a friend out in the interim, busy doing the pcb design to have a new board made. Electronics has never been my day job, but more of a hobby.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
More power to you on that. I would have sought advice from KRK, and asked them about parts availability. I’d probably electrocute myself if I screwed around with an amplifier power supply.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear