The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
When 'old' meets young...
Old 21st September 2020
When 'old' meets young...

Hi all ! Where shall I start ? I started playing guitar at the age of 5. At that time (1967) I had no idea on the existence of synthesizers, let alone the fact they were expensive as hell.

At the age of 16, I got my first synth as a present of my father. That was a Roland SH1000. Since I was really born to make music, luck fell into my hands and I started working in a music shop at 21. Instead of marrying and building a house and getting children, my occupation was buying and selling synthesizers.

I also started working in a professional recording studio at the age of 26 because I wanted to become a studio engineer instead of a sales guy in a music shop although this went on till I was 32.
No joke if I tell you my first job was to clean up mess after sessions.

I also took lessons in songwriting, arrangements, music production, sound design. Although it was private since in Belgium no decent school existed at that time.
(something like SAE i.e.)

Later, I started working with a very well known EU AV-production company partly as sound tech, and partly as customer relations. Later Production.

In 97, Together with my best friend we started a small dance festival that became one of the better dance-festivals in Belgium. (250 dj's - 60K visitors in 2007) However, due to 'business' circumstances, we decided both to leave and it does not exist any more.

If you check my (old) equipment list, please don't be offended as I really owned a lot of nowadays classics. That was because back in the 90's I owned a recording studio.
Because of my occupation in the event-industry, one day I decided to sell the studio and set up a home-studio just for my hobby.

All these years and experiences have learned me a lot, and together with lessons I took in my 'beginning days', I was so 'lucky' to develop a certain vision on the whole matter of music production and technology that I don't find many people sharing this vision. But that is another story...
So I ended up having lots of time to make music. I still play guitar, and base, and drums and synthesizers of course.
If you're curious what kinda music I make, check my Soundcloud page. Check a lot of tracks as they are very different sometimes.
(thanks to all the singers that granted me their voices)
Thanks 4 listening.

One more thing. Due to my work, I ended up with Tinnitus. Please turn down the volume. Protect your ears. Tinnitus is cumulative. That means that your ear gets dammaged every time you listen to loud music. Until one day it's to late...fwiiiieeeee FOREVER ! Be warned
as back in the days no-one including myself cared...

Finally, I saw a Waldorf Q voice Expansion that is currently developed by a member called Anteelope, and because of my interest to buy this, I decided to join Gearslutz.

Kind regards, sK3LeTvM
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
That’s a very interesting resume. I’d love to see your old equipment list, but I don’t see a link to it.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear