The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Diamond Ric T introduction
Old 25th August 2020
Here for the gear
Diamond Ric T introduction

Good day fellow audio folk. My name is Richard and I am from Sydney Australia. I sing and play guitar, and work around the clubs - mainly in the suburbs and country areas around Sydney. My first professional work was as a square dance caller in the late 1970s. I have also worked in amateur and professional theatre, and have had vocal training with two past stars of the Australian Opera. The title "Diamond Ric" was given to be by Mike Douglas - original member of the Canadian Doo-Wop group "The Diamonds". Mike and I were close friends. I currently do shows that feature the music of Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Bobby Darin etc.
I have always been equally interested in the technical side of music, and have (at great expense!) acquired some gear for my latest project - converting a 20ft by 10ft room into a recording studio. Small I know, but mostly I will be recording with guitar only - or a small combo.
I have a few nice mics - A Peluso U47 tube mic, Rode NTK tube mic and two ribbon mics - an RCA 77DX and a Zephyr Ribbon Mic (Australian equivalent of RCA 44BX). Also Shure Dynamics, EV dynamics and a pair of AKG 414 Condensers.
I also have a STUDER B41 tape machine and console, and a recording lathe that can cut discs at 331/3, 45 and 78 rpm.
I use a DAW for just about everything (Reason 11) and a Focusrite Liquid Saffire interface. I am currently looking at getting a Warm Audio Leveling amp and one of the Pultec equalizer clones.
I am very much looking forward to being part of the online forums, and am anxious to learn as much as I can in order to improve my recording experience.
Thanks for having me.
Old 25th August 2020
Greetings DiamondRicT

Welcome to Gearslutz 👍🎹🎧🎸🎤
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear